Ninety Four-

Harry's POV:

I don't know how my life got to this point. I used to be in the position my girls were in and now, here I was. Coaching college basketball was no easy feat, especially making it to the National Championship game my second year.

Watching as they shot around, the other team came in. Knowing they were deep in the post, I had faith in my players. I turned around, looking down at my phone, checking my text messages. Replying to my mum, I heard a loud, boisterous laugh and immediately froze.

That laugh. I'd know it anywhere. It was hers. As big and full of life as she was, her laugh was one of those no one could ever forget. I certainly didn't. Not wanting to turn around, I quickly picked up my phone and dialed Olivia. She'd come with us on her break and I frantically needed her to pick up.

"Hello?" she answered groggily.

"Olivia. She's here," I sighed. "She's fucking here."

"No way. Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"I'm coming down there." Hanging up, I instinctively turned around and almost cringed as they walked in front of me to the other bench, sitting their stuff down. She locked eyes with me for the briefest moment, nodding along to her music and smiled slightly.

No matter how bad I wanted to talk to her, it seemed she didn't recognize me. Like I was no one. Part of me understood that was most likely how she felt when I left her. Sighing, I tried to hide the glances I would steal.

She'd become much leaner, faster, I'd dare to say sexier. But then again, she didn't even have to try to be sexy, she oozed it like a maple tree oozes sap. Even with her long hair in a ballerina bun accompanied with a headband, dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, she could've given any model a run for their money.

"Neely? Do you have any ibuprofen? My legs are killing me," I heard one of her teammates ask. My throat caught at the mention of her name.

"Yeah, it's in my bag." I had to sit down. Hearing her voice again was like getting hit by a car and relishing in the way the rubber crushed my ribs. Smooth, calm, and almost whimsically melodic, she was again the pandemic waiting to be inflicted upon the world I had met all that time ago.

She was beautiful. Crushingly so, just as my life without her was. If people were elements, I was earth and she was fire. However, I enjoyed the burn. It hurt to watch her look and seem so happy without me, almost like I had never been there for her.

"Harry?" Olivia's familiar voice called out and I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

"Hey," I tried to smile. Watching as she looked around, as soon as she spotted Neely, her eyes widened.

"She's really here."

"Yeah, I know."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know."

"You can't do what you did last time."

"I don't plan in it," I laughed, it was a laugh full of uncertainty.

"All I know," she sighed, sitting down next to me, "Is that she's quiet and she's beautiful and she's trusting and you better remember that if you break her, you'll regret it for the rest of your life."

Tumblr is the real mvp. happpilyharry is queen. go read her stuff. it's as amazing as she is. Thanks for all the reads and if you're confused, the next chapters will explain. xx