Panic

Surprise shawty! Another one shot as a gift on this wonderful day. 🤠❤️ This was another request btw, keep sending them in if you please!
"Ok I thought you could do one where y/n has a panic attack or something along the lines of anxiety maybe?"
Content Warning: Panic Attacks
805 words

—/—

Even as an FBI agent, you had depression and anxiety. No matter what or why or how, you'd find a way to look down on yourself. But with years of therapy and help, you've been able to cope with it well. And though with the help of your incredible boyfriend and his full support and love, you had your days. Today happened to be one of those.

Already randomly feeling shitty, work wasn't helping. It was so damn loud and case files were just piling up. You ran around the whole place for everyone to be nice and helpful, but you were very stressed. You were a people pleaser and never said no even when you had so much work to do yourself.

So when you finally—finally!— got close to finishing your own things, you felt a little better despite all the commotion around you. It still being super loud made it hard mentally. Loud noise all at once was one of your triggers. And when Anderson dropped off another stack with a loud smack, it certainly made things worse.

That's when your leg started to bounce, your face was buried in your hands, and your breathing became fast and short. You were having a sensory overload moment, especially because of the booming bullpen. Your breathing only became worse when your thoughts turned against you.

"You're such a crybaby, you're nothing, nobody likes you, what kind of pathetic bitch are you?, you don't deserve nor qualify to be an agent you stupid fucking—"

"(Y/N/N)?" A soft, gentle, and hesitant voice asked you. It was Emily you're best friend trying to help. But unfortunately she didn't know that putting a hand on your back wouldn't help, it only made you feel more anxious. You started to shake your head no and whimper while hyperventilating. At that moment JJ and Derek came around, surrounding your desk.

You felt like you were cornered now that two different hands were rubbing your back. They tried to say encouraging words like "Calm down, there's nothing to stress about", but obviously those weren't the right phrases. You were now in full panic attack mode. You genuinely felt like you couldn't breathe. Your frame bent over and buried yourself in between your legs.

At that moment Spencer came out of the bathroom to see his team huddled around his (secret) girlfriend's desk. They all have very worried faces and he can see you bent over while shaking. Speeding over he now gathers that you're having a panic attack and everyone surrounding you isn't helping.

"Back up." He states sternly and puts his arm out to get them away. Still giving you room, he bends down and speaks gently, calmly, and reassuringly.

"Hey babe. I'm here if you need me, and this'll pass. You're safe." He starts but you can barely hear anything over your breathing, it's all muffled

"Okay...keep breathing, you got it love." He whispered. The two new pet names made everyone's eyes widen. But it seemingly helped now that you were heaving a little less. Emily tried to reach out but Spencer snapped his fingers over his shoulder semi aggressively.

"Alright, do you want to go somewhere else? The hallway or outside?" He suggested nicely. Still choking on your breath and trying to catch it, you nod your head. Spencer turned his head over his shoulder to tell the rest to really back up. Noticing you were frozen in fear, he silently established with you that he could carry you out. You weakly stood up and almost fell just after one step. You nodded and he picked you up and carried you away. He took you to a vacant conference room with lots of windows/natural light. He set you down on the large windowsill and stood beside you. Now, you just cried.

"Do you want to try some grounding techniques?" He cooed and you nod. You take his hand in yours and trace his skin. He noticed how your breathing calmed, so he started to do square breaths. You did too. After at least ten minutes, you finally calmed down.

"I-I'm s-so sorry." You sigh

"Hey, don't be. You're human and your responses are real. It's okay now." He said compassionately

"I-I don't know why that happened. I can usually calm myself down when it gets that loud."

"That's okay. You did really well baby. I know it was hard."

"Thank you. You're the best." You smile weakly and finally feel relaxed after letting out one large breath

"It's no problem, I'm glad I could help." He said and kissed your head

"Though the nicknames probably revealed our relationship." You chuckled

"Oh, you're right. Second nature I guess." He giggled and shrugged. He always made you feel better in any/every situation.