Stake-Out

Content warning: Slight suggested sexual content, but mostly fluff.
1302 words

—/—

You and Spencer Reid have had a secret relationship going on for eight months now. You joined the BAU a year ago, and couldn't be happier with your life now that your loving boyfriend is in it. Your colleagues are your family and you're very thankful, despite the harsh job.

Anyways! Today is your eight month anniversary with Spencer. You both have been keeping this a secret due to the rules of the job. You both love each other so much, that you're willing to take the risk. To celebrate, the two of you are going to "Bistro 66". A very fancy, French, and small restaurant that you both have been wanting to go to. You've been carpooling because you live close together, so the team won't suspect anything from you two leaving together. You are actually living at his place.

You both get home and change. It's a very, very formal place. You change into a emerald green, satin, mid-thigh dress that compliments your figure and eyes. Your hair is down naturally. Spencer is in his usual multi-piece/layered attire, but in different shades of black. You both look like a badass couple. I mean, you are FBI agents after all.

After ~almost missing your reservation~ (if you know what I mean), you both step into the tiny, narrow, and dimly-lit bistro. You're seated right by window with a beautiful view of the semi-private street that's occupied by other fancy restaurants and nice cafes. You start with champagne and talk.

"I can't believe we're finally here!" You quietly exclaimed. It's so small and hush, the sounds of the kitchen in the back and murmur of other occupants being the only other noise.

"I know! You look beautiful, (Y/N/N). Yet again." Spencer says with a small smirk.

"Very smooth, Doctor." You say sipping your delicious champagne. You both hold hands on top of the table, as you admire each other while the dim lights and candles illuminate both of your features.

"I love you so much, (Y/N)." He states.

"I love you too. So very much, Spencer." You reply. Since the table is pretty tiny, you both barley need to lean forward to give each other a quick peck on the lips.

-Team's POV-

It has been two weeks since Penelope accidentally saw your planner. It was on your desk, opened (on her behalf). She saw a date marked as;

"♡Bistro 66 with Spence♡"

She immediately went to Derek who then told Emily and JJ. The information eventually got to Rossi and then Hotch. Nobody was angry or in trouble. In all honesty, they were surprised that they couldn't see the signs sooner.

Derek came up with a plan to confirm that this was romantic, NOT platonic. JJ, Rossi and Hotch had their doubts. It COULD be platonic, you two were very close since day one.

He and Samantha would secretly go to the restaurant that night too. Thankfully, they got the last spot available for that night. Emily, JJ and Penelope on stand by at a late night cafe directly across the street. It really was an invasion of privacy. But they convinced themselves it was "friends checking in on friends".

It was a steak out.

The fateful night had arrived. Derek and Savannah got there fifteen minutes before the secret couple. The girls got a booth across the street at the cafe. They had a clear view of the bistro, seeing who would go in and out.

Time seemed to drag. The anticipation was killer. Soon enough, they saw a young couple turn the corner onto the street. Arm in arm, they looked like models. The girl in a gorgeous green dress that made her godly, and the guy in an all black suit that fit him perfectly.

"Guys, is that them?!" Emily noticed.

"I can't tell, it's too dark. Hot stuff! There's a couple about to walk in, it might be them but it's hard to tell from here." Penelope said into the ear piece.

Yes, they snuck out some equipment, what about it?

"Gotcha' baby girl. We have a perfect view of the door." Derek responded. Although it was a weird date/situation, the two enjoyed themselves, nonetheless.

"Sounds good, Morgan. I don't think it's them though. If it is, they clean up nicely!" JJ joked.

"Oh my God! They're about to walk in!" Emily squealed.

"IF it's them." JJ added.

The couple reached the door, their hands intertwined. The restaurant was dim, so it was a little difficult to confirm. They were a few seats away from the hostess, so that didn't help. But what DID help, was that the place was quiet. As Derek and Samantha (who was just as intrigued) leaned subtlety to hear, they faintly hear the pair;

"Hello! Reservation for 'Reid', please." the girl confirmed. Her voice and politeness was one-hundred percent (Y/N). The name of the reservation and your chemistry together made it, undoubtedly, true. You and Spencer Reid were on a date.

"Oh my God. It's them!" Savannah exclaimed into the ear piece. (Yeah, she was just as excited as your coworkers.) They cheered.

-Back to You're POV-

Dinner was incredible. The food was to die for. You and your lover got a dessert to share. You guys talked and laughed and had such a wonderful time. Holding hands on the table the whole time, staring longingly at each other, and the constant compliments were almost too sweet. You guys just let the world melt away as it felt like it was only you two.

But not to your knowledge, you weren't alone. Spencer kindly paid for the check and you both sat for a few more minutes. Right as you were about to get up to leave, a couple comes over to your table. A little startled, you look up to see the one and only Derek Morgan and stunning Savannah. Spencer's cheeks went pink, and your's red.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't Pretty Boy and Princess!" Derek teased.

Spencer looked at you in shock at the same time you looked at him in the same state. You both said with your eyes; "Oh my God!". You look back to them as you both struggle to get a word out. The other pair just giggles in response.

"Have a great night you two!" Savannah politely tells you with a loving smile as she starts to drag Derek away.

"Yes, and use protection lovebirds!" Derek got the last laugh. They leave and leave you two stunned. You're both kind of frozen from the interaction. You look back to each other and start laughing a little too loudly for the restaurant. You get up and leave, arm in arm.

"Did that really just happen?" Spencer asked through a laugh.

"Yes?" You laugh back.

"Well, get ready for the teasing on Monday. But for now, let's go home..." Spencer says and leans down to your ear; "...and use protection".

He nibbles your ear quickly and leans back up. You both giggle and blush and make your way to the car. As Spencer pulls out and turns right and onto the street the restaurant is at, you both see quite the sight. A giddy Penelope, JJ, Emily, Savannah and Derek in front of a cafe facing the bistro. They wave you both goodbye as you both look at them in utter shock.

"Did they seriously stalk us?" You laugh.

"I just that know they're going to claim it was a 'stake out' or something stupid like that. But yes, they kind of stalked us." He replies.

"Well, if they know any better, I just hope they don't follow us home." You smirk.

"Indeed."