Nightmares

Y'all I have so many requests it's insane. Maybe that's because I have OVER 100K READS?!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE I ACTUALLY STARTED TO CRY! It might be because I'm on my period but whichever way IM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL. Your support and reads and votes mean so much. I love you all and I can't thank you enough
❤️👄❤️
"hey, i have a one shot idea. Y/n finds out that reid has been arrested for what he was in season 12 and their reaction to the initial arrest"
1086 words

—/—

"...Guilty..."

That was it. Your word just came down on you from one single word. You saw Spencer being cuffed and taken away and he looked back at you. He stared at you and only you with the most heartbreaking look anyone has ever conveyed. You were sure it was because he saw the pain in your own eyes.

"no...no, n-nO NO! NO! NO! SPENCER!" You cried out and tried to run to him. Then a strong set of arms held you back but you persisted. Kicking your legs out as Morgan's arms wrapped around your waist and using your arms to try and push him back, practically elbowing him in the face.

"LET ME GO! PLEASE! STOP IT!" You tried out again while you bawled. Hotch joined in on holding you back. By the time you accidentally hit Hotch immediately, Spencer was already out the door. He mouthed the words "I'm sorry", making you freeze in fear and true realization.

"NO! NO SPENCER PLEASE! DON'T LEAVE ME! I LOVE YOU!"

"(Y/N)"

"NO! SPENCER! NO!"

"(Y/N)"

"COME BACK TO ME! PLEASE! NO—"

"(Y/N)!"

Suddenly, you wake up in a cold sweat. Your body jerked up and you were still crying while desperately looking around the bedroom.

"(Y/N), baby, I'm right here." Spencer said while he held your upper arms gently yet firmly

"S-S-Spence?" You whispered and held onto his arms in return. Your shaky hands went up his arms and to his shoulders. You grabbed and inspect his face, tears streaming down your face.

"Hey, I'm here. It's okay, it's over, it was just a nightmare. Let's breathe okay? Square breaths, (Y/N/N). Square breaths, love." He whispered calmly while you were hyperventilating still. But he helped you through the breathing. Eventually you gained control and fell into his embrace. He held you while you cried and whimpered. His hand pet/played with your hair and the other stroked your back. After some time, you calmed down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked caustically and kissed your head. You nodded and continued to do square breaths.

"It was...it was the day at the courthouse. I heard them announce you guilty all over again and I freaked out all over again. I was so scared that you were being taken away from me again. A-and I feel bad that I'm having nightmares e-even when I d-didn't go through shit. I have n-no reason to be scared because I wasn't the one who was framed or put in jail. A-and I feel like it's my fault..? I can't even imagine what you went through, Spence. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry—"

"(Y/N), it's okay. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You. Are. Human. What you went through was equally as scaring, not like it's a competition though. You're more than allowed to feel the things you feel. Fear the things you fear. And it has never ever been your fault, it's no one's." He cooed quietly

"I-I'm sorry." You sigh

"For what? My darling, you have nothing to apologize for. In fact, you were the only person keeping me going. Did I ever tell you that?" He admits. That confession made you peek up and look into his eyes. His were a little watery and was full of everything that radiates love. Yet he still had the look of fear and regret tinted throughout those beautiful brown eyes. Your beautiful eyes stared back with eyebrows raised in shock.

"Really?"

"Y-yeah. There were moments where I wanted to give up. And by give up I mean...well I don't really know. All I felt was exhaustion and anxiety and fear and regret. It was so terrible. B-but then I'd think and dream of you. And only then did I remember why I was still standing and fighting."

"You were my reason. You still are. I love you so much (Y/N). I remember thinking about how everyone I've ever loved had left me. By will or not. I felt as though the team would leave me too. But yet I still somehow knew you wouldn't. I...I thought about how I have never loved someone like I do with you. Not even...not even with Maeve, or my mom, the team, whoever. I kept going for you and with my love for you..."

"So I never want you to feel like you did nothing or could've done something more. Please never blame yourself because it simply makes no sense." He chuckled "I love you (Y/N). More than anything or anyone in this entire... universe! And I'm eternally grateful to have you, and to have you love me back. And so, those nightmares you may get, just know how much I love you and how I fought for you that you can't dream of such things anymore. I love you (Y/F/N). I love you, I love you, I love you."

By the time he was done with his heartfelt speech, you were a blubbering mess all over again but in the best way. Your jaw was slack, trying to phrase something but your brain and voice couldn't convey anything to what you feel. So in response, you tackled him into a hug, jumping onto him that he landed on his back on the bed while you squeezed him so tight.

"H-how can I even respond to that?" You smile and chuckled while he did the same

"I love you Spencer. God, I love you so much. I really wish I were as smart as you especially in times like these because maybe then I'd know some words that could come in some proximity to describing how I feel. And how much I love you. Thank you for telling me that, and thank you for...for everything. I love you s-so much." You whispered tenderly and sniffed away some tears. But still tears escaped. Spencer looked to you, situated you both back into bed, and held you so close while staring at you. The only word close to describing what both your eyes were looking like, was "love". Pure love.

"I love you Spencer Reid."

"I love you too (Y/N) Reid."