The Wedding

Not entirely proofread. But it's yet another request.❤️👍  The photos above (hopefully that you can see) are ideas of what I imagined the wedding to be like. It's more like my own dream wedding lol.
"Maybe the reader and Spencer are engaged and their wedding is coming up soon, and Spencer's dad asks to be invited to the wedding even though he doesn't want him there and maybe he even tries to get into the wedding"
1116 words

—/—

It was a Saturday night and you and Spencer just got home from a date night. Laying in bed after some phenomenally pleasurable activities, you snuggled and look at your ring finger. Admiring your engagement ring together as you basked in the feeling of knowing that your wedding was in two weeks, you both felt completely content.

"I can't wait to spend forever with you." Spencer said, kissing your temple. Your wedding party theme was fairy core so there would be lots of flowers, fairy lights, and nature. It was utterly perfect. You were both so beyond excited.

"Me too. I love you so much bubs." You smile

"I love you too." He smiled back and kissed you. In that lovely moment, an annoying sound of a text notification rang out from Spencer's phone. He sighed and reached over, expecting it to be a case. But it was worse. Far worse.

"...the fuck?" He mumbled suddenly angry. Your face contorted into a look of worry and confusion. You could almost see the sudden steam rising off of him, and you reach out to place a gentle hand on his bare shoulder. He suddenly shot up and put on some underwear while clutching to his phone angrily.

"Love? Is everything al—" You start

"THAT BARTASRD! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!" He scream, making you jump. You sat up in bed and held the sheets to your naked body. He slammed his phone onto the bed repeatedly before collapsing face first into the mattress. He was crying.

"Spence? Baby, what happened?" You whispered as you take him into your arms. He simply points to his phone. You pick it up and open his messages. There was a number from Vegas saying;

"Hey Spencer. It's me, your father. I just saw through Facebook that you're getting married. Wow, where did the time go, huh? I will say I was very surprised and a bit disappointed that my invitation hasn't arrived.
Now I know, I haven't really been around but I'm still your father and I think I have a right to be invited to my only child's wedding. She seems like a great person, and a great catch."

You were left flabbergasted, not really knowing what to say. So all you did was hold your fiancé close and let him let it out.

"The audacity. The fucking audacity." He swore. Spencer rarely swore (out of the bedroom), so he was beyond pissed. He had every right to be. When Spencer truly opened up after six months of dating, you learned about everything he went through. Including his childhood and his father. Now you were 35 and 36, getting married in only two weeks, and moved on and healed together to only be set back by one stupid text.

"H-how did he even find out?" He sobbed into your neck

"Well, I would say Penelope posted something. Just a brief congratulations, probably. But no matter what it was or what happened, he has no right. I'm so sorry my love. I got you darling." You coo. He squeezed you tight and you whispered sweet nothings while he sniffled and wept. He eventually gathered himself.

"No. I know my worth now and I'm not going to let some asshole from the past set me back. I've worked too hard to. I deserve...to feel comfortable a-and content with life." He reminded himself, making you softly smile as he still held your hand. You're happy he remembered his self-worth. He finally turned his head from his upright position to look you in the eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, Spence. And yes, you deserve happiness! Do you want to reply back? I'll obviously help you, and we can always make sure to keep an eye out for him God-forbid he tries to come anyways. But no matter what we'll be okay. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because we have each other. We're in this together. You're my fiancé, soon to be husband, and the love of my life. My soulmate, darling. I love you so so much, I can't put it into words."

"Must have been a little difficult to write your vows then."

"Let's just say, I really wished I had your vast knowledge of words. But anyways, you want to work this out together?"

"Always."

• • •

Today was the day. You and Spencer were finally getting married after two years. It was at a beautiful mansion and on its grounds. You had a tent set up for the party and an outdoor patio where the ceremony would take place. Flowers were decorated around the patio and mansion walls, hanging down from the tent, and embroidered into your veil. Your dress was simple yet elegant with Spencer's classic tux that was a almost black hunter green.

As you were getting your hair done after your makeup, there was a knock on the door. Emily went over to open it and saw a very stressed Aaron Hotchner. He came in and you almost immediately knew that might have been happening. You rush out the door in your robe, running outside to see the most horrible sight.

There he was. William Reid. Looking around nervously and curiosity as he walked around the patio. You run up to him and drag him off.

"Ah! You must be (Y/F/N). Soon to be Mrs (Y/N) Reid, huh? Has a nice ring to it don't you—"

PUNCH!

Out of nowhere, you harshly punched his shoulder, making him stumble back. He winced and almost went back at you before seeing Hotch standing there. He sighed.

"I understand that you may be angry—"

"Angry? Angry doesn't begin to describe how I feel about you. And you have the gull to text—text!—your son who you abandoned with a mentally challenged woman who is his mom?! Now you think you have the right to show up to his wedding—our wedding?! The fuck is wrong with you! You are so lucky Spencer isn't here, how dare you ruin one of the happiest days anyone could have. Get. The fuck. Out. Or I will gladly kick you out myself!" You list deadly seriously

He then looked to the ground, back up, straightened himself up and huffed before being escorted off the property by Hotch. You stayed to see him drive off in his car. He didn't even try to put up a fight. He probably just wanted the free food, the bastard. Hotch came back over and you went back to getting ready. You wouldn't let such a small setback ruin the best day of your life. You'd obviously tell Spencer, but you'll do it after the ceremony. He deserves happiness.