The Puppy

Another request during this really busy week for me. Wish me luck on a super long shift I'm about to do, love you guys! Sorry it's so short yet again.
"...reader finds a puppy..."
385 words

—/—

Spencer was finally arriving home after a long case. He was so excited to see you after these past few rough days. It was a tough case but it ended well. He pulled up to the apartment, he couldn't wait to celebrate a good case with you. Spencer unlocked the door and heard a little commotion and you giggling. You were probably watching yet another movie to pass the time.

When he walked in, he was partially right. And a little shocked too. There on the couch was you in your comfy sweatpants and a tank top. In your lap was an adorable gray French bulldog who had its paws on your chest to lick your chin. You opened your eyes after laughing and saw your boyfriend.

"Spence! You're home!" You said happily. Spencer put down his things and walks over to you.

"What's all this?" He asks with a chuckle

"Well, I went for a walk today and at the park there was an animal adoption thingy going on. A lot of the animals were already gone and this little cutie was sitting by himself. His name is Neville and he's a blue French bulldog and is only a year old. Isn't he adorable?!" You smile and pet your puppy

Spencer sits down next to you and the dog goes over to him to smell him. Spencer is a little stiff but you rub his back and tell him it's okay. He relaxes and that's when Neville likes him more. He hops into his lap and kisses his hand. Spencer's other hand was petting him along with you.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask, but can we please keep him? Our apartment allows pets and I'm home enough to take good care of him. Plus, he's so sweet!" You give your lover puppy eyes and he giggled. You kiss his cheek as he looks at the puppy.

"Of course we can. He's so adorable!" Spencer agrees. You snuggled up together on the couch. You rested against his chest while Neville went in your lap. Watching tv and petting your new baby, you felt so happy and fortunate.