The Valentines Day Party

Happy 100 chapters everyone! I never thought I'd go this far and continue. I also want to thank everyone for OVER 300k READS?!?!!!! That's literally unbelievable! I love you all and sincerely thank you.
"can you do one where we are at the bau annual valentines day party and us and spencer are friends with crushes..."
728 words

—/—

It was finally here. The annual BAU Valentine's Day party was tonight. Out of all holidays, you didn't know why the BAU chose to hold a big a party for Valentine's Day, but you guessed it was an excuse to party. It was being held on your floor with all the desks and chairs moved for space.

Arriving at the party, you were certainly surprised. There were decorations everywhere, lots of people, lots of food and good music. You changed into a patterned red skirt and casual but nice black tank top. With your hair and subtle makeup, you looked absolutely beautiful. One of the first people to notice that and you was your crush and best friend, Spencer Reid.

Across the room, Spencer was talking with Emily and Derek. They happened to be encouraging him to finally tell you how he feels about you. He's liked you back for quite some time, but he's too shy and oblivious to believe you like him back despite the constant reassurance from his friends. But he was too distracted with their encouragement when you entered the room.

You and Spencer locked eyes and you felt yourselves start to blush. Pulling yourself together, you decided to go over to the food table for some snacks and a drink. Just then, you feel a familiar presence next to you.

"H-hey (Y/N)." He said

"Hi Spencer. You look like you're having fun." You tease "What was that conversation with Emily and Derek about?" You ask. You saw how he looked uncomfortable with them when you entered

"Oh, nothing really. Just the usual banter." He said and smiles at you

"Ah I see. Whatever it is, don't let it get to you. Anyways, you having fun?" You smile back

"Now that you're here." He smirks

"Spencer Reid! You sly dog." You joke making you both laugh. You continued to talk and enjoy each other's company. After some time, a slow song started to play. "Dream" by the Pied Pipers rang out through the bullpen. You noticed the song and started to him along before gaining some courage to ask;

"Do you want to dance?" You ask shyly

"Isn't that my line?" He smiles

"You were taking too long." You wink and suddenly grab him to lead him over to the middle of the room where people were dancing. You wrap an arm around his shoulder while the other held his hand. His other hand was on your waist, holding you close. As you swayed along to the music, your bodies naturally wrapped around each other further. Now with both arms around his shoulders and both arms hugging your waist, you felt the intimacy of each other's embrace.

You lean away as another slow song starts. You move your heads slowly to make eye contact. Looking up, your eyes meet and they glimmer with everything you want to say to one another. With that, you simultaneously lean towards the other's lips. Meeting in the middle, your lips touch for the first time. You kiss gently and with hesitation until you feel Spencer bring you closer. The kiss deepens and your hands go into his hair. His hands hold your cheek and keep a firm grasp on your waist.

Eventually ending the long and meaningful kiss, you look at each other again. You can't help but start giggling happily and Spencer joined in. Your foreheads rested against the other's and you continued to sway with the music. His hand cradled your face and you leaned into his touch.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time." He whispered

"Far too long." You chuckled

"Indeed. I...I love you, (Y/N). I have for a while now. And when I saw you tonight, I knew I had to do something before someone else got to you before me...because you're so breathtaking. Inside and out." He admits

"I love you too Spencer. Wow, that feels really great to say aloud finally. I've loved you since the moment you poured out your first random fact to me. You're so wonderful. I love you." You coo

"I love you too." He replies. And once again, your lips meet in the most beautiful kiss.