Interference

Another not entirely proofread request! I can't bring myself to have unhappy endings nor write too sad of a story. Recently, I've been a little down so I'm having an extra hard time writing sad-ish stories. Feel free to send more requests tho👍 Also, happy eightieth chapter! I literally cannot believe we've come this far. And since I'm sorta' close to 200k reads (CRAZY), any ideas on a special? Please please please comment ideas for that❤️
"...suddenly a drunk driver swerved in on her making her car crash and Spencer hears everything..."
1068 words

—/—

Today was the day. Spencer was going to propose to you. He got a simple single oval solitaire ring and had been preparing his proposal for the past month or so. He placed everything out on the picnic basket in the park where you two met. You were going to arrive straight from your work to meet Spencer for your date. So that's what you did. You called Spencer through the Bluetooth speaker in your car.

"Hey babe! I'm on my way." You greet

"Oh great! I guess I'll see you soon."

"Yup. Just another five or ten minutes. I can't wait! We haven't had a proper date in a hot minute." Spencer chuckled at your excitement and choice of words

"Me too. I love you so so much, darling. I'll see you in a few." He smiles

"Okay! I love you too so much, love. Be there soon!" You say and hang up. Right after you hang up, you cross an intersection on the road.

Now, you were a fantastic driver. Always aware and never distracted. But other people weren't as great as you. Especially if certain drivers are drunk even in the late afternoon. So when someone's big truck ran into your car and plowed you across the road, you knew it wasn't your fault despite almost immediately fainting after impact.

Spencer was now super worried. It had been forty five minutes and you haven't responded to a single call or text, he grew extremely nervous and scared. He decided to text his team to ask if anyone had seen you. Suddenly, Emily's car pulled up and she ran to him. She knew where he was since she helped with some of the planning.

"Emily? What are you doing—"

"We need to go. Right now." She said seriously. Spencer nodded and picked up his things, running back to the car with her. Once they were inside, Spencer finally spoke.

"Okay, what's going on?!" He said frustratedly

"Reid...(Y/N) got in a car crash. There was a drunk driver who ran a red light and crashed into her. She's in the hospital and currently in surgery." She said calmly. Spencer could almost feel his heart breaking. He felt his hands gripping his hair and his breath became shaky.

"I should have picked her up. I should have said I love you more. I should have picked a different date. I should have proposed somewhere else. I should have picked her up! I should have—"

"Spencer! Calm down! It'll be okay. I know it's scary. And I'm sure you're feeling guilty but that's just your degrading thoughts taking over. It wasn't too bad of a crash, she'll be okay. A few bruises and maybe a broken bone or two, but she'll be okay. You both will." Emily comforted him and arrived at the hospital. They walked in and Spencer immediately went to the front desk.

"Where is she? Where's (Y/F/N)?" He said with teary eyes

"Sir, I need you to sign in if you're family." The lady said calmly

"Just let me in!" He rushed and pulled out his FBI badge. The nurse nodded her head and guided him over to the private waiting room. The team was already there for moral support as well as the fact that they loved you too. So they sat there, waiting.

"(Y/F/N)?" A doctor asked as he walked out. Everyone stood and Spencer walked forward.

"Yes? H-How is she? Is she o-okay?"

"Yes, she is alright. The crash resulted in some bruised ribs, a broken arm, a fractured ankle, and a few bruises. She'll need to recover here and it'll take time, but she'll be okay." The doctor said with a tired smile. Spencer cried tears of joy and felt instant relief.

"C-can I see h-her? P-please?"

"She's still asleep but she'll wake up soon enough. Follow me. One person at a time though." He said. Spencer followed and broke down at the sight your sleeping figure. He sat in the chair next to the bed and gently gripped your hand. He noticed you were a little pale and saw the bruises. He kissed your hand and felt you lightly squeeze back.

"s-spencer?" You squeak weakly. Spencer's smile grew.

"Yes, sweet girl. It's me." He said. Your eyes fluttered open and Spencer was entranced by your beautiful eyes. You look to Spencer and smile. He perked up and cupped your cheek and kissed your forehead and whole face. You giggle from the tickling feeling but then betrayed by the painful aftermath of laughing.

"I'm so sorry." You cry

"What? Darling, love, why would you say that?"

"You had such a beautiful date planned and if I left work earlier this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have put more stress on you than you already have." You explained. Spencer looked into your eyes and stroked your cheek.

"Oh my love, don't say such a thing. You have no reason to be sorry, and none of this was your fault. You're okay, and I love you, that's all that matters. I love you so much that..." He trailed off at the end and you reach up to feel his cheek and hair. You can see that there was something in his eyes, making your eyebrows furrow.

"What is it Spence?" You say. He looks into your eyes and smiles. He reached into his pocket and pulls out a little, palm sized pumpkin, opening it up to reveal a beautiful ring. Your eyes widened and your lip quivers.

"...It would have worked better with the picnic and the autumn environment but this will do. I love you so much that the setting doesn't matter. (Y/N), there are no words to describe my love for you. Usually, I have some sort of explanation but, you defied my knowledge." He chuckled with you "I love you more than anything and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you (Y/N). So, (Y/F/N), will you marry me?"

"Y-yes. Yes. Yes! Yes! Yes!" You say gleefully and shake your head up and down repeatedly. You cry tears of joy together and laugh happily when he puts on the beautiful ring. You kiss and hug, finally feeling better.

"Only you would propose with a tiny pumpkin box."