Musical Communication

Hey! This was a request I got just the other day so I hope you like it. I changed a few things so I'm sorry if you don't entirely like that but I really hope it's good enough😅 And once again the views and votes keep rising so I'm gonna' go celebrate with another glass of pomegranate juice🤩
Content Warning: Language
2397 words

—/—

Being best friends (and roommates) with the man you fell in love with was very frustrating. Especially since he started talking to this girl who seemed to make him happier than he has in a long time. You were the one that wanted to make him happy. You were the one who he told everything to and the one who he trusted the most. Why couldn't he see how desperate you were? Because he's terrible at social cues, that's why. One night during your weekly movie night, he got up in the middle of it to call her.

That genuinely hurt because you both made a pact that nothing would get in the way of your movie nights. It wasn't even work! He came back an hour later, the movie long finished. And when he remerged, he had the stupidest yet happiest love struck grin on his face. That's when you thought that he was falling in love with her. And that broke you.

"What happened?" He asked when he saw that the tv was off and all the snacks were put away

"It ended." You say annoyed

"Oh shoot, sorry. I just got caught up." He smiles and sits down next to you

"Yeah. Caught up for an hour at least once a day." You roll your eyes and scoot away

"What do you mean?"

"Look, if you don't want to hang out with me, just tell me instead of leaving me hanging. And maybe keep a fucking schedule? I know you are like in love with her but—"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what, never mind. I can't keep torturing myself." You angrily sigh and storm off to your room where you silently cried.

That night, you drove over to Penelope (your best friend)s house. You didn't even bother to call her. When she opened the door, her eyes immediately watered up because you were still balling and your face was scared with tears. You just fell into her embrace and led you inside. Since you were still crying on her arms on her couch, she didn't get to tell you how Derek was coming over. And when he did, he immediately comforted you as well. You tried to explain everything through heaves, sobs, sniffles, and hiccups.

"It's selfish, I know. I want him to be happy, he deserves it more than anyone in the entire world. It's selfish but I wish I was the one to grant him that. And I thought I was for the past three years! I can't keep living like this, in so much constant fucking pain! I'm just a stupid selfish bitch."

"(Y/N/N), that's not true. You're allowed to feel what you feel. We all thought you were the one to do that, and you still do! I'm so sorry baby girl." Derek said

"It hurts so much. It hurts. It hurts seeing the person you've loved for the past two and a half years fall in love with someone else. You should hear the way he talks about her..." You admit

"Bubs, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry it hurts.", was all that Penelope could get out. The two shared a look and understood your pain. And from there forward, you stayed with Penelope. Derek decided to run over there and grab your things. When he was there, Spencer was on the couch reading his book. When Derek walked through the door, his faced grew confused.

"Derek? What are you doing here?" He asked, still sitting down. Derek's face was annoyed. He hated seeing his favorite person hurt so much.

"I'm getting some stuff for (Y/N)."