Falling

Hey guys, I'm sorta back! I don't really have any ideas so feel free to send in requests. Hopefully I wasn't gone too long, I missed y'all. For now though, here's a sorta angsty one shot. But as always, a happy ending because I can't bring myself to have an unhappy one.❤️
1737 words

—/—

When Spencer was forced to break up with you to protect you from Cat, it was utterly heartbreaking. It was now three weeks after the breakup. You had cried for the entire two weeks because the way he did it was terrible. He just walked into your apartment and said he couldn't stand you. Your love language is touch and that was annoying, you're a baby and not mature enough, he went the full ten yards.

Of course you didn't know it was for your own safety. Having to do that and overselling it made him feel worse than he ever had in his entire life. He planned that as soon as this God forsaken case was over, he'd immediately run to you and explain and beg for forgiveness.

And so that day came. After weeks of having to stay at the bureau and restless nights, he could finally go back to you. He was praying that he'd be forgiven and things could somewhat go back to normal. He anticipated that it wouldn't be fixable just like that, but he was more than ready and committed to try and make it up to you.

But when he finally got to go home to your shared apartment, he was so nervous yet excited. But when he found his apartment lifeless without you and your belongings in it, he fully realized what he had done. Out of desperation, he called Penelope.

"Yes my wonderful genius wonder boy?" She answered

"Pen, I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything!" She responded happily

"Can...can you track (Y/N)'s phone?" He asked solemnly. From his tone, Penelope knew what he meant. She and the entire team knew what he had to do. You had even reached out to her, but she couldn't really be involved either. It was terrible on both accounts.

"Y-yeah of course. Let me see..." She said a little less peppy and pulled out her computer. Spencer heard the typing and clacking of her keyboard and awaited her update.

"...Ooookay! She's at Otis's. The music lounge on fifth." She says. Spencer remembers how she'd do an occasional show there in college or with her casual band.

"Thank you Penelope. Thank you so much."

"No problem. And Spencer?"

"Yes?"

"Please get her back." She sighed. Spencer nods and hangs up. He grabs his keys and wallet so he can get a bouquet of your favorite flowers. He practically breaks the speed limit before and after getting the flowers. When he timidly walks into the bar, he sees you on stage sitting at the piano and you're about to end your set. A lot of your friends were there cheering you on. He takes a seat at an empty table near the stage, off to the side. You don't notice him.

"Okay, I'll be closing with a song that really hits close to home lately. Uh, it's called 'Falling'. Thank you." You say into the mic with a sad look in your eyes through your smile. You sit up and get ready to play.

"I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame
But the drink in my wandering hands"

You sang the words beautifully and kept your eyes downcast and watched your fingers play different chords.

"Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling"