It Takes Two To Tango

Not entirely proofread, so I'm sorry if they're mistakes. But this was a request so I hope y'all enjoy!
"...us teaching Tango or Salsa Dancing to Spencer cause we have to go undercover with him...could show 'the tango dance scene' clip from "Another Cinderella Story" I think it would fit perfectly"
P.s., describing dancing is so difficult to write but I tried lol❤️
1332 words

—/—

This recent case has been dragging on. You and the team have been trying everything, but nothing seemed to be working. But luckily Penelope found where the unsub might strike next. Our unsub was a black widow. She went after attractive, younger, successful men who happened to be doctors as a surrogate for her ex boyfriend.

With that, Spencer was chosen to go undercover. It was revealed that she would be striking at this fancy, cutting edge dance club. More like a ball.

"We need to teach Reid how to dance." Hotch announced. The announcement made everyone chuckle, and Spencer turned red. You and Spencer didn't necessarily get along. Who am I kidding, you guys were like bickering children. Trying to outshine the other, finding everything the other does incredibly annoying and so on. You both did this because you secretly liked each other but were too dense and preoccupied to notice.

"The night of the party has a theme and it is called 'Two to Tango'. So Reid will also need a partner. A partner who can escort him and teach him to dance." Hotch continued and slowly directed towards you. You realize what he meant and huffed, too tired by the case to argue or object.

"Seriously? Okay, fine. What do you say, wonder boy?" You rotate your chair to face Spencer

"Dancing with the devil? Sounds exciting." He said sarcastically

"Yup. This devil is gonna' make you her bitch." You smile teasingly. Spencer rolls his eyes once again and dives back into his paperwork

"Good. Since (Y/L/N) knows how to dance, you'll teach Reid tonight at the hotel's dance room." Hotch explained before everyone went back to work for the remaining two hours at the police station. When they were up, everyone got ready to head to the hotel. Arriving back, Spencer caught the elevator you went in.

"Well?" He asked

"Well what?" You replied

"Are we going to get it over with or what?" He smirks into the elevator mirror after seeing your face go pink from a dirty thought. He chuckled at your embarrassment from being caught. You shake your head and straighten up.

"Haha, very funny. I'm going to my room to grab some heels and a better, more danceable outfit. You should too. Just a t-shirt and movable pants." You list before scurrying out the elevator. Doing just that, you make your way down to the ballroom the hotel had where people can rent the space. Spencer was already there, dressed in slacks and his button down.

"Took you long enough." He said

"Yeah, well I had to find a speaker and luckily Emily had one because she's Emily. Plus, I had to find a movable dress as you see. But anyways, we'll start by stretching then simple steps, then real choreography." You list and set everything up. You bend down to put on your heels. You peek behind you and see Spencer eyeing you up. You smirk.

"See something you like?" You smile

"whatever" He mumbled. You continued on and went into stretching. Spencer couldn't even get a flat back or touch his toes, making you laugh just to annoy him. It did.

"Can we just do the steps now?!" He sighed frustratedly

"Sure, genius." You say. With that, you walk over to him and grasp his forearm to place on your right hip and in your left hand, making his breath hitch. You can't help but smirk which makes him look down at your feet.

"Okay, we'll start with the basics. So you go forward with the left. Forward with the right. Forward with the left. Side with the right. And then you're going to drag left foot to right foot. Without closing your feet..." You explained and teach

The night went on and Spencer got frustrated and huffed and puffed quite a lot. He eventually got the hang of it, enough for you to actually get to choreographing a dance successfully by only 8:30pm. By the end, you both were sweating and got it down.

"Ready to run it for real?" You ask and fix your hair. Spencer can only nod before getting in position. You start the music and join him.

Starting by swaying your hips in place, you then take your foot to make a circle behind you. You both straighten up before Spencer lunges back then snapping your hips back together. You take you foot and kick it behind you and meet his hips once again. The dance consisted of lunging back and forth, chest to chest, and the basic steps you previously practiced. You both circle your legs and you sink down before Spencer pulls you up to wrap your leg around his torso and dragging you. You lift your other leg up while he supports you.

You both kept eye contact that was hard to decipher. The look you gave each other held passion, lust, but most of all, longing. A longing you had for each other, practically begging to be satisfied and stopped.

You twirled and twisted your bodies. Your feet did all the right steps and kicks. Spencer's foot supported you on a special jump step that propelled you to wrap yourself around his torso then quickly going back to the ground to do more twists and turns. As the song neared it's ending, you did your final moves together and ended with Spencer dipping you. There was a moment of silence and you both huffing while staring into each other's eyes. Shyly, you got back up and cleared your throat.

"Again." Is all you said. And you did just that. The two of you continued to go again and again for another hour, doing the dance at least twenty five times. On the last dip at the end of the song, Spencer snapped.

Quite literally, he snapped his torso down to meet your lips. You kiss back after eight months of frustration and longing. He lifted you up and placed you onto a table that surrounded the space where you both danced. You just continued to make out with such passion. It was heated, but beautifully sweet. It made you almost want to cry.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" He asked quietly against you lips when he tasted a single salty tear. He stroked you cheek comfortingly.

"I've just...I've just been dreaming—yearning for this for eight months, Spence. And it's finally happening, like a beautiful dream that I never want to wake up from." You sigh with a content, small, weak smile. Spencer did the same.

"Oh (Y/N/N). It's real I promise. And I'm so sorry for the way that I've acted. Like a child, I did all that petty behavior because I liked you. I really, really, really like you. I do, (Y/F/N)." He replied gently

"I really, really, really like you too Spencer Reid." You smile. Just then, before you can kiss again, you hear some commotion.

"Move!"
"I want to see!"
"They're so cute!"
"Finally!"

You spin your heads as an accidental slam of the doors reveal your team spying on you all. You both turn red and you hop down from the table, still standing close to Spencer.

"H-how long have you guys been standing there?!"
"What are you doing here?!"

"We came down to let you know that Martha Harley was caught. She was caught dress shopping with a bloody shirt on. So...you don't have to tango tomorrow." JJ informed

"Wait, really?!" You both ask and look to Hotch who just shrugged. You give up and place your forehead on Spencer's shoulder, chuckling from the scenario you're both stuck in.

"Now what am I supposed to do with my Tango knowledge and our hard work and dance now?!" Spencer groaned

"Do it at home and finally get all your feelings out!" Penelope shrieked through a FaceTime call on Derek's phone

"You got Penelope on the phone for this?!"