Encounters

The plot line is all over the place, I know. But I feel like everything I've written lately has been. The few stories in my drafts are the same. Maybe it's just my own self doubt but idk anyone.
1733 words

—/—

Today was like any other day in quarantine. You eventually wake up in your shared bed with Matthew and try to actually wake up. As you're rubbing your eyes and yawning, your boyfriend got up too.

"Mmm...good morning." He said mid yawn

"Morning love." You reply and stretch out. Your back cracks super loudly when you twist and you both are startled. You look at Matthew and start hysterically laughing together.

"Okay! Anyways, did you want to go to the park with me? I feel like journaling today." He suggested

"Yeah! That sounds awesome!" You exclaimed and start getting dressed for the day. You changed into high waisted jeans, a dark brown turtleneck, and a warm brown fleece trench coat with your converse. Mathew changed into his usual quirky sweater, some jeans, and a brown trench coat too. And of course, your masks. You decided to drive to the park and walk around. After arriving, you walk hand in hand along the walkway and find a nice spot under a tree in the sun to stay warm from the wind.

Since you parked a little ways away, you had a bit of distance to the park entrance and your spot. With that, something happened that doesn't happen that often.

Click! Click!
"Matthew! Matthew!"
"Mr Gubler!"
Flash! Flash!

Looking over your shoulders, you see a man with a big video camera on his shoulder, a woman with another camera, and one man with a microphone. You and Matthew look at each other with wide eyes. You weren't public yet so Matthew and you picked up speed. Unfortunately they were right on your tail.

"Matthew! Matthew Gray Gubler, hello!" He exclaimed

"Hello." Matthew said politely despite being annoyed

"Who are you with Matthew?!"

"This is (*Fake Name*)." He said and squeezed your hand. You tried not to laugh out loud but accidentally snickered into your shoulder.

"And is (*Fake Name*) your girlfriend?!" He asked annoyingly

"Nope, she's my secret sister! Goodbye!" He smirks which made you cackle. Matthew picked you up into a piggyback and ran into the park. Both of you laughed gleefully all the way to your spot under a tree. Laughing like crazy kids, you eventually plop down in the grass.

"That was so funny!!!"

"'Your secret sister'?! Where did that come from?"

"Just the first thing that came into my mind."

"Well you're quite the comedic genius."

Matthew grabs his backpack and gets the blanket out to sit on. Along with some packed snacks, he opens his journal and grabs the art supplies. You grab your favorite Jane Austin book and snuggle next to him. He sat up straight against the tree while you put your head on his thigh. Twenty minutes went by before Matthew broke the sweet silence with his soothing voice,

"Hey babe?" He asked

"What's up?"

"Can you pose for me?" You perk up from his request

"Me?" You ask shocked

"Yes you!"

"You sure?" You say and blush