Family Funday

Hey guys! I'm going on a mini, safe vacation tomorrow through Friday. I will try to update but it honestly just depends. Thank you again for all your wonderful support and requests. It really helps me and makes me feel good because people like my stuff enough to request. Love y'all!💜
"...they are shocked to learn that Reid has a family..."
759 words

—/—

"Has anyone heard from Reid yet?" Emily asked as she walked through the bullpen. Everyone answered no, then worried about their resident genius. Never in his life had Spencer been late to work. And today the team was supposed to grab brunch, but he was late even then.

"Who spoke to him last?" Morgan asked as everyone gathered around his desk

"I did actually. Last night he asked for a recipe for, quote, 'as though he was feeding an army'. I gave him capellini with a smoked salmon sauce." Rossi explained

"Since when does wonder boy cook?" Penelope asked as she tried to track his phone. Right after she said that, she got a hit. But not at his usual apartment, a house. Everyone was surprised.

"Well to explain, he actually asked me to not tell you all that he bought a house when he had to change his file for that." Hotch said. Everyone was now shocked. Why would Reid buy a goddamn house?

"I think we should go check on him. I can't help but feel worried." JJ suggested. They all agreed to that, planning on picking him up for brunch. Unless something happened, God forbid.

They squeezed into one large SUV, the ride taking 20 minutes. They arrived in a nice neighborhood in the city, a large green Victorian styled house on the end of a hill. They walk up and admire the mansion like house. They all give each other a look of "what the hell is going on?" and rang the doorbell. They hear a shrill sound on the inside of the home, a squeal perhaps?

Just then, the door opened to reveal a disheveled looking Spencer with messier than usual hair in a t-shirt and sweatpants. They've never seen him more casual yet caught. For some reason, he had flour on his face too.

"W-w-what are y-you guys doing here?!?!" He asked with wide eyes

"You're an hour late to work and thirty minutes to our brunch." Hotch said

"And what are you doing in such a beautiful house?!" Penelope giggled before pushing her way in along with the others

"No guys!!! Please don't—!!!" He tried out as the ran into the place. They heard commotion in the kitchen around the corner from the large living space. I'm the kitchen was a sight they could never believe. Before anyone could say anything or even make a sound, Spencer ran to his family.

There you stood, seven months pregnant standing next to a two year old girl sitting on the kitchen island. He came over to you and placed his hand on your back. You look to him with a worried and surprised glance. Spencer shrugged and took a deep breath in response.

"Guys, erm, team, this is (Y/N) Reid and Evangeline Reid. Evie, (Y/N/N), this is Aaron Hotchner, Emily Prentiss, JJ, David Rossi, Penelope Garcia and Derek Morgan." He introduced. They were all completely flabbergasted and couldn't form any words.

"Might as well address the elephant in the room." Spencer sighed and held you close "Yes, this is my wife and daughter. I've known (Y/N/N) for about five years and three months. Evangeline is two and yes, this was very hard to keep a secret. It was for their safety with this job and all..." He said sheepishly

"Oh. My. GOOOOOOD!" Penelope squealed happily. She ran over to you and introduced you. The rest caught up and went over to introduce themselves. You're slightly overwhelmed but are very flattered. Spencer intervened when he saw that the loud noise was affecting you and your child. Evangeline started to cry from the commotion, Spencer moving to carry her and comfort her.

"Thank you guys! I'm very flattered." You chuckled "Since Spencer forgot about your brunch because we were trying to make breakfast..." You gestured to the messy kitchen making everyone laugh "...you must join us for brunch. I have a quiche in the oven and we got French toast to fry. Can you set the table, love?" You explained and asked your husband

"Of course, darling. Don't overwork yourself. Can you guys help her?" He asked Emily, Penelope and JJ. With that, everyone started to help. The guys set the table in the dining room while the girls helped you cook. Well, they did it for you since you were pregnant while you held your daughter. Eventually it was time to eat. Everyone sat down and finally caught up for the first time in seven years.