Hidden Truths

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse, mental health issues, panic attack and suicide.

THEMES: Angst, BakuTodo.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Okay everyone, grab the keys to your assigned dorms. There's three floors, make sure you go to the right one!"

Everyone bustled inside the dorms and looked at the pinned up sheet on the notice board, wanting to know who they were roommates with for the year. People had requested to room together but Aizawa also wanted to mix them around so their bonds could grow.

"Yeah Bakubro! We're roomies!" Kirishima cheered.

"Whatever, shut it!" Bakugou growled and the pair headed up to the third floor, also housing Momo and Uraraka, and Todoroki.

Everyone noticed sooner or later that Shoto got a room to himself. The half n half boy didn't answer anyone's questions; nor did his blank face reveal any emotions, positive or negative, about it. He just grabbed his key and headed into the elevator, nodding at Aizawa who gave him a quick glance.

"Why does Icyhot get his own room?" Bakugou demanded, wanting a room to himself too.

"It doesn't concern you problem child."

"But-"

"Go and sort your things out." Aizawa instructed, and the explosion boy huffed and trudged away.

∘₊✧─── TIMESKIP ───✧₊∘

"Use your flames, damnit Icyhot!"

"No." Shoto replied calmly dodging an explosion to his right.

"Use them!"

Todoroki just shook his head, using his ice to counteract Bakugou's explosions. Their training continued like this for around ten minutes until Bakugou slipped on a jet of ice Shoto released earlier. Shoto took the chance and encased the boy in ice, adding layer upon layer so his explosions wouldn't break through.

"Fight over! You can both stop now." instructed Aizawa and both boys stopped using their quirks.

Bakugou stood up and brushed off the remaining shards of ice whilst Todoroki bowed his head and walked off.

"Hey we're not done here!" Bakugou shouted angrily.

"We are." Shoto's calm voice replied.

"No we aren't! Hey, look at me! Shoto!" Bakugou yelled whilst releasing an explosion.

All of a sudden Shoto stopped walking. His head was bowed but his shoulders began to shake ever so slightly. He clenched and unclenched his fists whilst taking long yet shaky breaths. Without glancing back at the class, he walked out of the training grounds and into the school to get changed.

Nobody saw him for the rest of the day.

∘₊✧─── TIMESKIP ───✧₊∘

"Hey, Shoto." Midoriya began when they were sitting together and studying.

"Yes?"

"What's on your neck?"

Todoroki's pen froze on the page; only for a millisecond but long enough for Midoriya to notice.

"It's nothing. I just fell over." explained Shoto.

"Oh, okay. Well, be careful from now on."

"Of course. Thankyou Midoriya."

They both resumed their studying, but Midoriya couldn't help but glance at Shoto's neck from time to time. He knew he shouldn't but he thought his friend was lying. You couldn't get a bruise in that shape in that area of the neck from simply falling over.