The Lost Prince Pt.3

Bakugou hadn't been able to see Shoto in two days due to his royal duties in the palace. He was forced to spend an entire morning with the other Princes and Princesses in the castle's gardens where they adjourned in the large glass greenhouse for lunch. Thankfully it was open and bright, airy enough that Bakugou didn't explode from his frustrations whilst he tried to pour his own goddamn cup of tea! The only upside was knowing that the flowers in this garden weren't as beautiful as Shoto's; they lacked the care and nurture of his gentle hands and kind heart. 

That evening he spent at a nearby restaurant with the Yaoyorozu family, dining on luscious meats and vegetables whilst his and Momo's mothers talked about their latest fashions for the upcoming ball season in the summer. At least whilst there he got to talk with his father, who was interested in asking his son about what he had seen around the city with his friends. 

Then the next day was spent having a new suit being made and tailored since that evening's ball had a tropical theme. He refused to wear the gaudy green colour the haberdasher had suggested, so he relented with a black and red suit with the faintest leaf pattern on the blazer. Kirishima said it made him look handsome, and he never lied, but it didn't mean his eyes were saved from overwhelming oranges and greens in the ballroom, alongside gigantic palm leaves and rows and rows of rainbow fruits. 

He had been busy, indeed, but not busy enough to erase Shoto from his thoughts. Every spare moment he had he spent trying to figure out what the exploding stars were that the male mentioned. He had never heard of exploding stars, only of supernovas in his physics class; he was sure Shoto wasn't talking about those. He wracked his brain for the entirety of the first day, and it was only at the evening ball the next night did he finally understand.

The guests were all gathered onto the large balcony beyond the ballroom, where they saw a brilliant display of fireworks of different shapes and sizes. When he saw a blue one that shot up and split in many different directions, he was reminded of blooming flower petals, and the answer clicked in his mind.

Shoto wanted to see fireworks. 

He applauded especially loud once the display was over, and had a smile on his face for the rest of the night. Brushing off the questions from his mother and his attendants, he went to his room extra early in hopes of making preparations for his outing with Shoto tomorrow. The only problem? He didn't know if Shoto would say yes...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Shoto tried his hardest to forget about his meeting with Bakugou. He made an extra large breakfast due to how early he awoke in the morning, and stress baked three cakes which his siblings enjoyed thoroughly after school. Whenever his family left the house for the day he caught himself trying to glimpse at the decorations outside before realising and scolding himself, returning to his cleaning.

He was so distracted that he didn't see his friends coming into the garden, too focused on creating a new flowerbed for the spring plants. Primroses, Tulips, Snowdrops, all such beautiful flowers that brought life and colour to the garden. 

"Shoto!"

He looked over to the gate when his name was called, seeing three heads pop around the corner of the wall before he waved and they rushed inside. 

"Hello." he greeted them, dusting off his hands on his trousers; he smiled warmly, having not seen them for almost two weeks. 

"I'm sorry we haven't visited Shoto!" Midoriya exclaimed, eyes wide and watery.

"We haven't had much time to ourselves either." Uraraka supplied with a small smile and a shrug.

"How have you been?" asked Tsu, looking down at the basket of seeds and roots next to her friend.