My Idol Pt.1

TRIGGER WARNING: panic attack, dieting

THEMES: idol au, fluff, humour, slight angst, BTS Japanese lyrics

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"God I really hope this one works out!" Kirishima exclaimed as he flung himself onto the long sofa in the recording room, a loud yawn leaving his lips.

"I know bro! I'm staaaaarving!" Denki slumped atop Kirishima, the groan leaving the red-head making them all laugh.

"Why do we need another damn extra, hah? There's already five of us." 2growled Bakugou as he put his headphones back on, readying the track on the soundboard.

A gentle knock at the door drew their attention to the entrance of the studio. After Bakugou, their leader, shouted for whoever it was to come in, the door was pushed open to reveal-

"You!"

The male's eyes widened a little, but his face remained mostly neutral.

"Me?" he asked quietly before bowing and slipping inside, shutting the door carefully behind him.

"Dude you're Shoto Todoroki! I always buy your magazines!" Denki exclaimed, sitting up and digging his elbow once more into Kirishima, making him groan again.

Todoroki blushed a little, turning away and rubbing the back of his neck.

"I, um, thanks."

"Oi! You here to audition or what, half n' half?"

"Oh, yes. My manager said to come here at 5pm, so here I am." Todoroki explained, but he seemed a little wary as he looked around at the group of rookie idols.

"You're in the right place! I'm Sero by the way!"

"Shoto."

"Oh, I'm Denki!"

"Kirishima!"

"Bakugou."

The boys were all about to bow before Bakugou growled and turned around, kicking at a pile of jackets and blankets at the end of the sofa. From underneath the pile emerged a set of purple hair sticking out wildly in all directions.

"Shinsou." the male mumbled drowsily before he disappeared back into his pile.

"That's Hitoshi!" Denki explained with a grin. "We're pretty sure he's an insomniac so you'll get used to it."

"Hm. Shall I..." Todoroki trailed off, gesturing to the recording booth.

"Sure. You know what song we're looking for?"

"Yeah."

Todoroki placed his bag on the floor before taking off his jacket and heading into the booth; it turned out he was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck and black cargo pants, meaning he must have come from the gym or something. When the door shut the boys discussed the new auditioner.

"He's even more attractive in real life!" Denki gushed. "Model? More like a god!"

"His arms are so toned, but not as much as Bakubro's!" Kirishima complimented, Bakugou huffing in return as he pressed play on the song.

It was a very typical pop song, one that was catchy enough to attract listeners as well as allowing a killer dance routine to go alongside it. The group were already pretty established in dancing and rapping but they wanted a little more stabilisation in the vocals as well as someone to ramp up their visuals. Todoroki checked one of those criteria, now it was just seeing how well he sang.

"Chi, ase, namida sasageru ima mo afureru tadatada? Chi, ase, namida kono omoi ga oh afureru tadatada? Chi, ase, namida?"

"Oh shit." Hanta whispered, watching Todoroki read the lyrics highlighted whilst vibing with their music.