And I Loved And I Lost You

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of violence, domestic abuse, suicide, blood, throwing up

THEMES: angst!!!

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Look out!" Deku shouted, and Todoroki turned around just in time to push Uraraka out of the way of the oncoming blast.

A haze of black descended upon them as the orb exploded, and Todoroki felt it consume him inside out. His senses blanked and he collapsed to the floor. When the gas cleared, Uraraka and Deku ran over to their friend, shaking him in hopes of waking him up but with no luck. A few other classmates saw what had happened and so rushed over, wanting to know what was wrong.

"Is he okay?" Momo asked, kneeling down by an unconscious Todoroki.

"I-I don't know!" Deku stammered.

"He saved me from whatever that was but I don't even know what it was that attacked me!"

"Kids," Aizawa greeted as he joined the group, "what happened? Is he alright?"

"He looks fine but there is something dark inside him." Dark Shadow said as he hovered over Tokoyami's shoulders. 

"I can feel it." Tokoyami agreed.

"We should return to the school before the villains come back. Momo, help Jiro with her leg." Aizawa instructed, kneeling down to pick up Todoroki; yet, he recoiled due to how cold his student was. "How is this-?"

He was cut off by the same dark haze as earlier descending on them yet again, and the last thing they could see was Todoroki inhaling sharply before they blanked out...

Pain. Pain right in their chests, that was the first thing they felt when they came around. They found themselves standing in what seemed like a traditional Japanese bedroom, yet there were bunk beds, toys and books scattered around it giving off a more modern, homely vibe. Sitting in the middle of the room was a group of children all with varying shades of red and white in their hair. Laughter filled the room as they played some sort of board game, and a woman who must have been their mother watched them play with a warm smile.

The sight warmed their hearts as they figured out that the youngest boy must have been Todoroki, his half n half hair making him stand out. He seemed particularly fond of the eldest looking sibling as he was helping him to win the board game. It surprised them to see a smile on his face as well as the fact that Todoroki has siblings. But most shocking of all was that there was no scar on his eye.

But a loud bang from downstairs signalled that someone had come home, and the room became tense with worried expressions. A girl with red flecks in her white hair gathered up the board game as quick as she could before storing it underneath a floorboard, and the mother stood up to grab her son, turning his attention away from the door. The class knew something was wrong as the pain in their chests grew just a little more.

The door opened and in stalked Endeavour. His eyes seemed to pass over the two middle siblings and right to the one with a full set of red hair. The eldest.

"Training room. Now." Endeavour demanded before leaving without a response.

The eldest boy stood up, and the class could glimpse bandages around his torso and wrists before he left the room. Shoto looked over his mother's shoulder and pouted when the boy left, but his mother soon distracted him with a little tune that made him giggle.

Another slam from the door downstairs and a scream pierced their ears before the scene gazed out, turning into a new setting. It seemed to be in a Japanese garden, with koi ponds and cherry blossom trees amongst blooming shrubs.