Part-time Ambitions Pt.2

"So Todoroki," Midoriya began as he and the younger male ran around the fake buildings, "you've been busy a lot recently. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, just hanging out."

"With Kaachan? I didn't think you and him were, uhm, best buddies?"

"He's okay."

"I heard that you Icyhot bastard!"

"Well what would you like me to say instead?" questioned Shoto as Kirishima and Bakugou caught up to them.

"That I'm the goddamn best!"

"So we are friends?" Todoroki gave a small smirk, causing Kirishima to laugh and Bakugou to send an explosion his way.

"No!"

"Oh? I think we are."

"In your dreams Icyhot."

Bakugou overtook them, and Kirishima gave them a quick wave before sprinting to catch up to Bakubro. Midoriya cast a quick glance to an amused-looking Todoroki before starting a new conversation about quirks. Once Todoroki brought up All Might, Deku began a long discussion on all of his amazing heroic attributes.

"They is my family, they is my family. They might be crazy, but they is my family

You can't get to them unless you get through me

You fuck with them you fuck with me. "

As the weeks turned to months, Class 1A slowly began to give up on their investigations into the so-called Mystery squad. It was normal to see them hanging out with each other during breaks and around the dorms, often staying in each other's dorms for the evening. But they didn't neglect their other friend groups and still made time for them too.

Eventually, this new change became a part of normal life. Although Mic kept pestering the students a little more than normal, and Aizawa sometimes watching over their band practises, everything was truly back to normal.

But soon the school festival came around, and it was up to the class to decide what entertainment they wanted to provide for the rest of the school and wider audience. The basic ideas of making carnival stands or selling snacks were thrown around but they felt that as the top class they needed to do something that would really wow the crowd.

"How about a performance?" Kirishima began. "Like we could do a quirk demonstration or something? That would be really manly!"

"It would be a spectacle." agreed Momo. "But the lower classes may feel that we are rubbing it in their faces, for lack of better words."

"Then how about a musical performance? Not a play since that's already being done, but a dance or a band?"

"I like that idea!" Mina agreed.

"It would show off our range of skills as a class." Iida added with a chopping motion of approval.

"But who would be in the band?"

The class grew quiet in one part of the room, hesitant glances shared between each other. Bakugou caught Jirou's eye and they both looked towards Todoroki who seemed to be very uncomfortable all of a sudden. Jirou tapped Shinsou's shoulder- since he was sitting next to Shoto - and gave a small nod in the younger male's direction. Fumikage observed from the corner, Dark Shadow devouring some leftover cookies.

"Hey Sho?"

"Hm?"

"What do you think about the festival ideas? Personally I think we should have done a haunted house, then we could scare everyone."