The Best Present Pt.2

"Todoroki!"

Shoto was walking down the corridor to head out to school, bag over his shoulder and usual calm expression on his face. When he heard someone loudly shouting his name he turned around with a raised brow.

"Good morning Todoroki!"

"Good morning Midoriya. Why are you shouting?"

"I wanted to catch up to you so we could walk to school together."

"Okay. Let's head out then."

"Right."

Midoriya walked next to his friend in a comfortable silence, trying his best to restrain himself from blurting out the class' surprise for Todoroki. Todoroki noticed how bouncy and jumpy Midoriya was but decided it wasn't too far from his usual behaviour so he let him be.

"Oh, I almost forgot! This is from me, I made them myself! Happy Birthday Todoroki~." Midoriya congratulated quietly.

"Thankyou Midoriya."

Shoto took the plastic tupperware box and opened it, revealing two red velvet cupcakes. They were red and white with small blue sprinkles on top.

"Is there a reason for the colours?" asked Shoto with a knowing look on his face.

"No!" Midoriya replied quickly, too quickly, and the pair ended up quietly laughing.

"Here."

Todoroki handed one cupcake over to Izuku, who took it with a surprised look on his face. He tried to decline, saying he had made them for the birthday boy, but Shoto insisted and said that he should try his own baking.

"Okay, if you insist... Whoa!" exclaimed Izuku as he looked down at the cupcake with wide eyes. They tasted fantastic!

"They are quite delicious. Thankyou Midoriya."

"No problem!"

The pair ate their cupcakes as the walked to school, dropping the paper cases in the bin before heading into the classroom. Midoriya was quick to place the plastic tub back into his bag, knowing he had to continue to act like he was keeping Todoroki's birthday a secret. When Shoto sat down in his seat, several of the students greeted him a good morning. They talked about the cold weather and what they would be learning in class that day, before Aizawa walked in and told them all to sit down.

"I'm going to take the register. Don't talk or I'll kick you out."

Once they had been signed in, Aizawa said that today they would be doing some training with their quirks. Shoto had been absentmindedly looking out of the window at the snow-topped trees, so he was slow to stand up and join everyone as they headed off to get changed into their training uniforms.

"Do you like winter Todoroki?" asked Mina as she walked next to him, noticing his looks to the scenery.

"Yes."

"Me too! Isn't the snow really pretty?"

"I think it is, yes." agreed Shoto.

The pair split up to get changed and everyone headed into the arena to practise. They were put into small groups to practise- lightly, Aizawa warned- and Todoroki was put with Bakugou, Denki, Momo, Mineta and Uraraka.

They warmed up in their own ways and Todoroki took a moment to take a deep breath in and out with his eyes closed, trying to expell the memories surfacing in his mind from all those years ago that day. When he opened his eyes he was calm, collected, and focused; to Bakugou- from the other side of the group- he knew they would have a good fight.