Spilling Lies

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse, mental health issues, suicide and death

THEMES: angst 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Do me! Do me! Let me have a go!"

"Calm down Pikachu you're so fucking loud!"

"Says the one yelling Bakubro."

"Shitty hair I swear to-"

"Hey Bakugou?"

"What?! Oh shi-"

"Be quiet."

Shinsou grinned as Bakugou fell silent, sitting still on the sofa as he glared daggers at the purple-haired male opposite him despite being under the control of mind manipulation. The Bakusquad watched with stunned expressions at how quiet it was for the next few moments. But the moment Shinsou stopped his quirk the angry blond was ready to throw hands.

"What the hell do you think you just did huh?!" 

"You're being too loud Bakugou."

But this reply didn't come from Shinsou, instead from another male's voice in passing the living room heading towards the kitchen. It actually came from Todoroki, who had just returned from individual training.

"Damn Icyhot! Say that again!"

"I could hear you before I even neared the 1A dorms. You should shout less, it's annoying."

"You should use your quirk on him eyebags." Bakugou stated with a scowl before leaning back on the sofa and crossing his arms.

"But it's true Bakugou! You shout a lot!" argued Mina.

"So what?!"

Shinsou remained quiet as he watched the so-called 'Bakusquad' begin to shout at each other all over again. Honestly he would prefer the company of someone like Todoroki, and he sighed before rubbing his eyes at the ridiculous level of noise in the room. He rolled his eyes before getting up to join the bi-coloured male in the kitchen; he leaned against the island countertop as he watched Todoroki make himself an iced coffee.

"Hey Todoroki?" Shinsou asked.

Shoto paused in his actions to look over his shoulder at Shinsou, nodding at him in acknowledgement. He soon returned to his task and the purple-haired male realised that he hadn't responded to his statement verbally.

"So, how was your training?"

Todoroki was quiet for a moment, debating whether to answer or not before turning around with his icy glass and responding:

"It was fine. My fire is getting hotter."

"That's good. Um..." Shinsou tried to figure out what to say- he was contemplating using his quirk as Bakugou suggested- but didn't know how to continue.

"And you?" Todoroki asked quietly, gesturing to the gear Shinsou still had around his neck.

"Oh, yeah. Pretty good, I'm slowly increasing the time I can hold control for."

"That's good. I'm glad Mr Aizawa has decided to help train you. Your quirk is very powerful."

"Wow, thanks Todoroki."

Shoto nodded before leaving the kitchen, intending to drink his coffee and get started on some homework. However, within a few steps he subtly held onto his ribs and winced at the tension building up there. Shinsou noticed the tension in the male's shoulders and was about to ask him about it, but Shoto disappeared before he could say another word.