Joyride With Me

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: fluff, TodoBaku

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Peering out of his doorway, Todoroki made sure that the hallway was empty before heading over to the elevator and pressing the button for the bottom door. He pulled on his hoodie whilst heading down and when the doors slid open he once again checked for any signs of his teachers or classmates. 

It was clear, so he headed over to the door and left the dorms, shutting it slowly behind him so the bang wouldn't wake anyone up. He took a deep breath in and out, letting the cool air fill his lungs, a difference from the stifling heat he had woken up to in his dorm room. With one last glance back he walked down the stairs and away from the complex towards the student car parking lots. Now they were in third year several of them had been receiving driving lessons during their free time, so they were allowed to bring vehicles onto the school grounds.

Todoroki headed over to his black range rover, pulling out his keys to press unlock before another pattern of footsteps drew his attention. Turning around he looked at the shadows cast from the other cars and trees looming from either side, finding nothing until a streetlamp caught onto blond hair.

"Bakugou?" he called out.

"Where the fuck are you going at 2am?"

"Nice to see you too."

"Didn't answer my question dumbass."

Bakugou sauntered over to him, watching Todoroki open the car door and settle inside, turning on the engine before he - rather surprisingly - looked at him with an expectant expression. After a moment of silence a quiet sigh reached his ears.

"Are you coming?" asked Todoroki, pushing open the passenger door.

Raising a brow, Bakugou assessed his options before deciding to fuck it and get in the car with Icyhot. As long as they didn't get caught he didn't really care. Besides, he was weirdly curious about half n half's late night excursions.

"What are you doing Icyhot?"

"Going for a ride."

"No shit." Bakugou deadpanned. "Where? Why?"

"Don't worry. We'll be back so you can get enough beauty sleep." Todoroki teased, a slowly developing occurrence in their odd relationship.

"Shut up nerd."

"Says the one with a bedtime of 9pm."

"Do you wanna go?!"

"Not in my car, preferably." Todoroki replied, beginning to pull out of his space and drive towards the exit.

They were silent for a while, leaving the UA grounds and driving down the forested path before entering the city, the late night hour meaning glowing neon signs like a river of luminescent fish swimming past met their eyes as they drove through the wide streets. It was an odd silence, rare as when they were both in the same room they were either arguing or teasing (read: teasing and flirting). Todoroki put the windows down a little too, letting the breeze flow through the car, wafting the smell of-

"Peppermint? Seriously?" Bakugou gestured to the peppermint-scented air freshener hanging from the front mirror. 

"Ironic, isn't it? Anyways, pick a letter Bakugou."

"Hah? Why?"

"You'll find out after. Just do it."

"B."

"Oh, like your name." Todoroki mused. "Okay," he said with a nod, "now name a place beginning with the letter B."

"Beach." Bakugou blurted out, that being the first place that came to his mind.