Descendants Pt.4

"They're gone!" Sero shouted as he swung in through the window, covered in scrapes and bruises. "We were ambushed!"

Shoto and Momo ran over to him, Momo checking for any severe injuries whilst he recounted what happened. Apparently they were in the tunnels when they were attacked and it was too dark so he couldn't see who they were. They managed to knock Sero out and kidnap the boys, only blue fire left in their wake.

"Dabi." Shoto said, eyes darkening with rage.

Dabi was part of a group who called themselves the League of Villains. Of course they weren't very powerful because they didn't have their magic, and most of them were kids of minor villains. But now Shoto put a crack in the barrier and the power of All for One was on the Isle, their combined powers would make them a real threat.

"If they're with them they're already dead." said Momo.

"No. We'll go and get them." Shoto decided, already gathering some knives to fight with.

"Shoto, why do you care about them so much?" asked Sero.

"I don't care about anyone."

"Don't lie!" Momo shouted with a glare. "You do care, about us and them. You just can't admit it to yourself!"

"Caring about someone only leads to someone getting hurt." Shoto started darkly before heading to the ladder. "Come with me or not, I don't care."

Shoto made his way to the east side of the Isle where he knew the League was based. He knew he should have been more careful: of course Toga and Twice would pick up their tracks. He knew that Kirishima, Denki and Shinsou were in danger, Bakugou even more so if they figured out he was the prince. His father and the rest of the villains taking over the world was inevitable, but that didn't mean they had to get hurt before then. That wasn't being mean it was just... cruel.

He peered around the corner of a building and saw the four of them tied up and gagged whilst the leader of the group, Shigaraki, questioned them. Shoto knew they had figured out they could use some of their magic now, he just didn't want Shigaraki to use his knowing Decay was irreversible.

"I'll ask one more time," Shigaraki rasped, "will you tell me why you are here, or will Dabi have to burn some sense into you?"

The four of them couldn't even look at the villains, shoulders shaking with fear, and Dabi grinned before letting small blue flames flicker on his fingertips. He took a step forward and Shoto did too, until a hand covered his mouth and an arm grabbed his waist, pulling him back into the darkness. He fought against them, trying to grab his dagger, before the person's voice made him fall still.

"It's just me, kid."

The arms slowly released him and he turned around with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?!" he hissed. "You could get yourself killed, Eraserhead!"

"Well, when I see five students running off campus in the middle of the night I take it upon myself to investigate. It is my duty as a hero and teacher to protect the students at my school."

"I don't think that extends to following them onto the Isle." 

"I'm here to make sure you're all safe and to return you to Auradon-"

"Them." interrupted Shoto.

"What?"

"You're taking them. Not me." Aizawa looked like he wanted to say more but Shigaraki caught his attention. "Look, I will fight them, you will untie Bakugou, Shinsou, Denki and kirishima and take them back to Auradon. Understand?"