My Little Plaything

TRIGGER WARNING: kidnapping

THEMES: angst, villain! Deku, TodoDeku

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Where is he?!" Aizawa demanded as the class ran ragged around the dorms in search of Shoto. 

"He went up to his room after dinner." Ochaco explained. "He said he wasn't feeling very well."

"And none of you went up to check on him?" their teacher asked with disappointment.

"No, he said he wanted to be left alone..." 

"You don't leave someone who is sick alone. You get them help." Aizawa explained before sighing and rubbing his tired eyes. "When was the last time you saw him?"

"About 6PM."

"Five hours ago?!"

Aizawa could not believe his students. After all the crazy things they had been through recently they should know to keep an eye on their classmates as well as for anything unusual. It was rare for Shoto to fall ill but when he did it was bad, especially if it was fever as his quirk would play up.

"What do we do sir?" Iida asked with a concerned expression.

"There were no signs of a fight or a break-in in Todoroki's dorm so whoever took him must have access to the school. Either that or they were the reason why Todoroki fell ill."

Aizawa noticed how quiet Bakugou was being. Since it was a high-intensity situation he expected shouting and maybe a few explosions but instead the teen just sat there. He was sitting back on the couch with his arms crossed and brows furrowed, as if deep in thought.

"Bakugou? Is there something you need to tell us?"

"You're all wasting your time." the blond stated blatantly.

"Huh? Bakugou our friend has been kidnapped! Do you remember what you felt like when-" Momo cut herself off as she saw Bakugou's eyes darken; she didn't want to cause an argument she was just very worried about her friend.

"There's only one idiot besides the LOV that would even attempt at taking Icyhot."

"You don't think..." Kirishima began. "But why?"

"We all could tell how obsessed he was with Icyhot when he was here. Always wanting to talk to him and followed him around like some stupid pest."

"He would know how to get into the school grounds unnoticed." Mina agreed. "But to take Sho... that's too far."

"Alright, listen up. I'm going to send a search party out for Todoroki. You are all staying in here until they get back. And no, you're not allowed to join the search-"

"But-"

"We don't need anymore of you getting taken!"

The class reluctantly agreed and slumped around the living room as Aizawa left them to their own thoughts. They knew it must have been serious if Todoroki said he wasn't feeling good. They should have checked up on him at least once even if he was asleep, just to make sure he wasn't in pain or his quirk was spiralling out of control. But they didn't.

They knew that by now they should have realised to never brush things off...

It was mid-morning the next day- when Present Mic was teaching the class- that Midnight burst into the room, trying to keep her composure despite being out of breath. She crossed the room and handed over a folded piece of paper to Mic who read it with wide eyes.

"Good and bad news." he began, when Midnight left as quick as she entered. "The good news is that we know where Todoroki is. The bad news is that it's surrounded by the LOV. He's being held at one of their warehouses, disguised to be empty and abandoned."