Fairytale Soulmate

TRIGGER WARNING: themes of death

THEMES: angst, fluff, BakuTodo, fantasy au, continuation to Fairytale Stranger 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It had been days, eight to be exact, that seemed to stretch out into weeks, but Bakugou was seriously worried about why the hell the male lying on the bed in front of him was not waking up. Like, the fuck?!

As soon as he had brought him back to their tribe he had taken the Prince to his personal hut, knowing that he would receive a lot of unwelcome attention from his tribe members if he paraded the Prince of their enemy nation around like a hunting trophy. Begrudgingly, the nagging in his chest to not leave him in the wilderness alone only got stronger when he was in his own quarters, and he ended up starting a fresh fire to warm up the room and removing the male's shirt to check for any wounds he may have.

The only visible bruising was on his left ribs, but with an ointment from Mina their witch it healed well overnight. There was also signs of blunt trauma on his head so he controlled himself from any violent, loud outbursts when in the Prince's presence. Damn, when he first saw Enji's son lying there motionless and stupidly beautiful he just wanted to wake him up and tell him everything was going to be okay even if he knew it was far from it. But now he just wanted the idiot out of his bed so he could explain whatever the hell was going on!

After a few days of snooping, his closest tribe members- no, not friends, that's gross- Kirishima, Denki, Sero, and Mina, had found themselves staring with dropped jaws at the handsome male in his hut. Bakugou had returned from a meeting with the elders and grinded his teeth together to remain composed whilst politely telling the idiots to get the fuck out of his room. Naturally they didn't listen and Bakugou had to deal with their teasing about how he had captured a handsome mate and was keeping him hostage. 

Once he told them what really happened they too grew curious about the Prince, wondering why he was alone, exhausted, and injured. Mina tried a few spells in hopes of waking him up but the boy remained fast asleep, blissfully ignorant to the world. Bakugou questioned what he went through to leave him so shattered. Damn, he hated not knowing things!

On the eight day, when Bakugou was about to head out to the campfire for dinner a faint stirring from behind caught his attention. Spinning round he headed over to the bed only to find the male in a cold sweat, body tensing up as he tried closing in on himself. Bakugou swore, thinking back to the intense heat and intense cold he felt from the Prince when he found him and tried to figure out what to do. With a growl he took off his cloak and placed it over the boy before pressing the back of his hand to his forehead only to pull back from the icy temperature. Seriously, what now?!

With a growl he pulled the cloak around the male tighter before joining him on the bed, flushing their bodies against each other in hopes of warming him up. Bakugou's temperature usually ran high so this would have to do until the shaking stopped. 

But it seemed the male had sensed that he was there for a pale hand grasped at the cloak and pulled it ever closer, his weight leaning into Bakugou's chest as the arms around his back tightened. Watching with a bated breath, Bakugou felt the shaking slowly stop and the boy in his arms fall still. He was still asleep, and his expression returned to the blank beauty he was stunned speechless at before.

"Please wake up." he found himself whispering, leaning back against the bed's headboard as he slowly ran a hand through the Prince's hair, not wanting to further injure the male's head; he stayed like that for the rest of the evening, forgetting about eating as he fell asleep with the Prince in his arms...

"Um, hello? Excuse- excuse me? Hello?"

Bakugou growled faintly at the voice in his ears, waking him up when only the first slither of light was beginning to seep in through the window. In response to the growl he felt a jolt on his bed, curiosity making him open his eyes before they widened comically.