Long Lost Brother

TRIGGER WARNING: blood, violence.

THEMES: Angst, TodoBaku

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The League of Villains had invaded UA and were attacking students and teachers left and right. Shoto was stuck in a tight battle with Shigaraki. It was difficult to get close enough to attack without being touched by Shigaraki's quirk or harming escaping students. He was dodging left right yet couldn't get anywhere. Not too far away he found his boyfriend Bakugou screaming "Die! Die! Die!" as he shot villains into the air left and right. Shoto was about to send a shot of ice at the Shigaraki's arm but felt something heading his way. He turned around only to be blasted across the arena training arena by a huge blast of fire.

Blue fire.

His back collided with the wall and he felt warmth on the back of his skull; a trail of red fell down his face and dripped off his eyelashes. His body slumped to the ground with a loud thud, and he swore he could hear someone screaming his name; yet he couldn't hear it over the white noise in his skull. Gritting his teeth he forced himself to his feet, leaning against the wall for support.

Making his way towards him was a villain covered in burns just like him and stitched up with staples and thread. His eyes seemed to glow with fire as he closed in on Shoto. Todoroki couldn't help but feel that the villain was familiar even though he knew that was impossible.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Shoto."

"How do you-"

"Don't know who I am? I'm not surprised, I do look a little different."

Shoto's vision was blurry, and he could feel his balance wavering. Yet he thrust out a hand and sent a jet of fire towards the villain in hopes of giving him time to escape. But Dabi just walked right through, his scars not feeling the burns. He became numb to the pain long ago. A hand grabbed Shoto's arm and he was flung down onto his back, a tear slipping from his eye from the growing pain along his spine. There was smoke and fire all around them and his lungs burnt as he inhaled the falling ash.

"Look at you. Look at what the old man did to you." the villain spoke quietly as he knelt down by the broken boy.

Shoto frowned and looked at the face above him. The shape of the nose, the arch of the brow, the signature smirk. No way, it couldn't be...

"T-Touya?" Shoto choked out with disbelief in his raspy voice.

"Long time no see little bro."

"You-you're alive? You're alive. How?"

The villain was about to answer but he sensed approaching figures. Turning around he could see a blond spiky-haired boy running at them, explosions emitting from his hands. Shoto also saw him and wanted to shout at Bakugou to stop, but his voice wasn't anywhere near loud enough. Seeing a bright light heading his way he pulled Touya down and flipped them over, blacking out at the pain on his back, the blast sending them crashing into the wall.

"Shoto!" Bakugou yelled, eyes wide as he saw what just happened and what he had done to his boyfriend.

Two bodies slammed onto the ground and several classmates rushed over to them. Bakugou was in shock: why would Shoto protect this villain? He was first to reach them and crashed down onto his knees, grabbing Shoto's shoulder and rolling him onto his back. First he checked for a pulse and found one that was far too slow for his liking. Scanning Shoto's body he found he was covered in ash and blood, frostbite and new burns across his chest where his suit had burned away. There was a pool of blood coming from his back and his eyes were shut with faint breathing.

But the most shocking thing was how he gripped onto the villain's clothes: one tight fist refusing to let go. The villain on the other hand was almost protectively holding Shoto even though he was unconscious too. When his classmates reached him they were also in shock when Bakugou explained what happened.

"But why would he protect a villain? Does he know him?" Deku asked as he took in the battered state of Shoto.

Most of the villains had either been captured or managed to escaped so now their attention could focus on helping Todoroki. With the help of Aizawa, due to his tight grip on Dabi, Bakugou helped separate Shoto from Dabi and the explosive boy began to carry him to Recovery Girl. Aizawa was in charge of Dabi and they lay the males on hospital beds next to each other. Bakugou was feeling guilty about the situation he put Shoto in and this guilt battled with curiosity of the mystery villain.

Recovery Girl made quick work of Shoto, managing to keep her calm at the gashes on the boy's back and the frostbite from overuse of his quirk. She also didn't spend much time on the villain either since he had no injuries but a slight gash on the shoulder. The hours passed and late in the evening Shoto began to wake up. His eyes fluttered open and he tried to lift his head up but the concussion made him fall back with a groan.

"Shoto?" Bakugou called out as he joined the boy at the bed; he hadn't left until he knew Todoroki would be okay.

"Kat-Katsuki?" Shoto asked quietly before wincing at the loud noise.

"Yeah, I'm right here. Damn idiot," Bakugou scolded softly, "why did you take that blast for that villain?"

"You wouldn't... believe me."

"Try me."

"He's my brother, Touya."

"Okay, I didn't see that coming." confessed Katsuki with wide eyes. "But you do look sorta similar, you know."

Shoto looked amused and tried to sit up again to see his brother. But Bakugou made him lie back down, saying he wasn't strong enough yet.

"You're lucky I didn't use one of my stronger blasts. I... I'm sorry for injuring you. I've been worked up all day and the doctors almost kicked me out because I accidentally blew up one of their machines."

"It's okay, Kat." Shoto assured before yawning, feeling the lull of sleep encompass him.

Running a hand through the boy's hair, Bakugou watched Shoto fall back asleep, quietly calling out his brother's name before falling unconscious, his hand outstretched in the direction of Dabi. The two males were asleep for the next two days and during that time Bakugou explained who Dabi was to Shoto and looked into records finding it to be true.

To say Aizawa was surprised was an understatement. Many years ago it was assumed that Touya had died in an accident with his quirk, but now here he was looking completely different and had become a villain no less. They wondered what Todoroki thought about all of this, knowing his brother had survived after going through the grieving process.

"He'll be waking up sometime soon. Make sure he doesn't get out of bed." the nurse asked as she opened the door for Bakugou and Aizawa.

Bakugou didn't leave Shoto's side until he woke up once more. He was there when he reunited with his brother and learned all about Touya's past. Hearing it, the blond could find some pity in his heart for Dabi had endured the same torture as Shoto. But the uncertainty of what actions the League member would take in the future still lingered, would he return to the villains or stay with his brother? Nobody knew, not even Touya himself...