The Best Present Pt.3

"Happy birthday Todoroki!"

Denki took away his hands to reveal the whole class looking at him with wide smiles, presents and balloons. A strawberry cream cake with too many candles sat on the table in front of him with 'Happy Birthday!' iced on it.

"Do you like it?" Deku asked eagerly.

Todoroki was quiet for a moment as he digested the surprise. At least he now knew why everyone was giving him random food throughout the day. He saw that they had all put effort into this and so let a small smile appear on his face.

"I do, thankyou."

Everyone cheered and watched with excited eyes as they watched Shoto think of something to wish for before blowing out the candles. When he did they cheered again before bombarding him with their gifts. He was a little overwhelmed and honestly really wanted to eat; luckily someone noticed.

"Oi, put his things in the living room you idiots! Let him eat." Bakugou yelled.

Hurriedly putting their presents in the living room, the students all gathered around the table and dug in with Todoroki. Everyone complimented Bakugou on the food and he shouted at them to shut up and just eat, although there was no hiding the smug look on his face.

Todoroki was listening to Deku release all his pent up anticipation and learnt how they had all been thinking of things they could do for his birthday. Deku asked him if he was mad, but Shoto assured him he wasn't and that it was nice they put in so much effort.

"I just wanted to make your birthday amazing because you deserve it Todoroki! I hope after today you really like your birthday!"

"Thankyou Midoriya. I'm touched by your effort."

"Really?!" Izuku exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"Yes, now hurry up and eat before I do."

"Sure thing Todoroki."

The food truly was delicious and Shoto ate so much he had to stop so he could eat some cake later. Bakugou was sat across from him and was very proud at how much the male was eating. So he really wasn't lying when he said he had a fast metabolism: he must've had about four plates of food before he stopped.

"Time for presents!"

"Oh you didn't need to-"

"Well we did so let's go~!" Kirishima shouted as he dragged Shoto into the living room.

He sat down on the sofa and everyone crowded around him, each grabbing the present they brought for him. As much as Shoto insisted he didn't need anything they still gave him their gifts and watched with excitement as he opened them.

Deku got him a new hoodie that was split half-white and half-red.

"What is with the colours today?" he said to himself but Deku heard and started laughing.

The Bakusquad and Dekusquad all teamed together to buy him a Nintendo Switch and watched with grins as Shoto looked at the device without having any clue what it was.

"I'd say thankyou but I don't know what it is. But thankyou anyways."

Everyone else got him an assortment of sweets and chocolates he had never tried before because of his father, and other things like hoodies or school stuff. It was nice to receive things yet Todoroki didn't know what to do with it all. He hadn't exactly earned it and never really received presents before: his father banned them.

"How are you enjoying your birthday so far Todobro?" Kirishima asked as he slouched down onto the sofa next to Shoto.

"I can't make a comparison, but it seems like a good birthday right?"