Almost...

TRIGGER WARNING: descriptions of blood and shock

THEMES: angst, fluff, BakuTodo

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The battle was over. Finally.

They had been fighting villain after villain for hours, just the two of them- Shoto and Bakugou- as they were isolated from the rest of the team. They had taken down at least a hundred different villains, some with quirks easy to defeat yet some that left them exhausted. They weren't even pro-heroes yet and they had to fight like this?!

Neither saw each other during the fighting, but when the amount of villains reduced and they caught a glimpse of each other through the ash, smoke and rubble, they silently checked on each with a single look or helped the other out with their quirk.

But now the ground was silent, only the distant sounds of sirens wailing in the distance. Shoto looked around and saw bodies all over the ground, none dead that he knew off: sometimes he was too caught up in battle to reign in his power usage.

Looking down he saw blood all over his suit and hands; letting out a shaky breath he fell to his knees from relief and exhaustion...

Bakugou growled as he kicked the last villain out of his path, shouting "Die!" as he flew across the ground. Then his eyes immediately searched for red and white hair amidst the haze of ash, wanting to make sure he was okay. Not that he cared! It would just look bad if Icyhot died whilst fighting with him!

"Icyhot! Hey, where are you?!" he shouted, beginning to search through the ash and rubble. "Icyhot! Hey half n half! Icyh-"

He paused, watching with a frown as Todoroki knelt amidst the rubble, looking down at his hands that were burnt, frosted and covered in blood and ash. Even from a distance he could see the slight shaking in his eyes, their usual brightness diminished slightly.

"Hey Icyhot get over here! Hey! Hey!"

No matter how much he shouted Todoroki remained ignorant. Even one of his explosions that would usually gain his attention remained unnoticed; reluctantly his anger became concern. He jogged over and slowly Icyhot stood up, rather shakily, but still not lifting his gaze from his hands.

"Icyhot!" he shouted when he reached the male, forcing him around with a shove to his shoulder. "What, are you in shock or something?!"

Slowly, being brought back to reality by Bakugou's loud voice, Shoto looked up at the male with shaky, glossy eyes. In an instant he had his arms wrapped around Bakugou and was shaking.

'He's crying.' Bakugou realised. 'Is he really that shook up?'

"Hey Icyhot! You good or-"

"I-I thought I was gonna l-lose you. There were s-so many of them and I thought I was losing control like m-my father and I was so tired and scared because there were s-so many and then I couldn't f-find you and then-"

"Okay okay, hold on a minute. Just take a deep breath, okay?"

He made some exaggerated breaths that Todoroki slowly copied, making sure to hold him in his arms to try and ground him, not wanting him to go back to whatever shock he was in before. He didn't know why Icyhot was breaking- was it the amount of villains, the intensity, his quirk?- but he was emotional that he cared so much about him.

"You're okay I'm okay, alright? Just calm down." Bakugou assured, slowly running a hand through Shoto's hair, grimacing at the blood in it, assuming his was just as bad.

It took a few moments before Todoroki calmed down, but then he regained his breath and slowly pulled away. He seemed much more present and hastily stood back, wiping away his tears.