The King's Secret Pt.3

"Fuck!"

Bakugou groaned, rolling over in his bed, now back at their homeland. It had been three weeks since the Barbarians had declared victory of war, claiming the land of Endeavour as their own. They hadn't been selfish though, they had honour as the descendants of dragons to use power wisely and to help their brothers and sisters.

A council had been formed, of both Endeavorian and Barbarian, politicians and civilians, in hopes of bringing unity and prosperity to their communities. The Barbarians were allowed access to the coastline and the Endeavorians to the forests, the Tribes' land was expanded to help their communities thrive, alongside greater access to the resources available in the mountains. These were located on the far side of the kingdom of Endeavour, and so they were blocked from them for many decades; yet now they were free to use these resources to prosper as well as build new shrines dedicated to their ancestors.

It had also been three weeks since Bakugou met Shoto. He had though that the unusual feelings in his chest were due to him simply being angry at Endeavour, still bursting with adrenaline from the vigour of war, or that he wanted to protect the boy and give him the freedom that he was fighting for. 

But that wasn't the case, and he wanted to curse the gods every time his mother gave him a stupid smirk that was so stupidly like his own that he wanted to slap himself. Slap her. Slap anybody who thought the dilemma he was facing was comical. It wouldn't be comical when they had a spear in their chest!

He groaned again, rolling over and taking a deep inhale of fresh rose. Shoto had been given a room in his family's home. It was a hut larger than the rest in their tribe, a respectful symbol of their wealth and power, and there was enough room for a new guest. Of course Bakugou's father took an immediate liking to the boy, and wasn't put off when he hid behind Bakugou or seemed confused at their language or interactions. 

His father, Masaru, was on the softer side. This was unusual for a Barbarian, but it was the reason his mother fell for him. They loved to tell Katsuki all about their romantic dates, how wonderful their wedding was, and all of the sappy things they loved about each other. Mitsuki loved that his father was creative, an expert in thatching and carpentry, and that he was able to calm her down when her temper ran too high. Masaru loved that his mother wasn't afraid to speak her mind, that she was most beautiful when in the middle of a fight.

It made Katsuki want to throw up.

But...these ridiculous thoughts occurred whenever he was looking at Shoto. Thinking about him actually, since the boy didn't need to be present physically to take up space in his mind. He found himself admiring Shoto's art, and so found himself sitting with him in their garden and watching him paint instead of training on their grounds with Kirishima. He found himself teaching Shoto how to cook and letting him taste the best dishes he could make, and that his ego would boost tremendously whenever the boy gave him one of those tiny smiles. The small raise of the corners of his lips made him want to shout to the heavens because he did that. Katsuki made Shoto smile.

Yet, as wonderful as this may seem, it was driving him insane! No matter what he did, where he was or who he was with, Shoto was always on his mind. What was he doing? Was he happy? Should Katsuki cook dinner for him? And the thoughts would only stop when he was with Shoto, either learning from each other - Shoto found he liked teaching Katsuki how to paint, and Bakugou found himself liking that Shoto liked teaching him something new - or enjoying their company in peaceful silence.

The first few days they had returned from war several of their tribe had questions about the mysterious newcomer. They weren't intending to be overbearing, but when they showed up at the Leader's house at all hours of the day, it didn't make Shoto feel very welcome. Luckily his somewhat-friends where there to help, each taking time to get to know Shoto and show him around the tribe, slowly introducing him to people as Shoto. They didn't ask about his past, although Bakugou thought that his features probably gave some sort of explanation of his lineage, and instead integrated him into their community.