Attack On UA Pt.2

Hours passed with no news, and at one point Aizawa got up to get them all coffees. He knew he shouldn't give the caffeine to his already energetic students, but by the drained looks of both boys he knew he could let it slide this once. When he returned to the waiting room he found Kirishima sitting next to Bakugou, comforting the blond boy who seemed to be holding back tears.

He stood and watched undetected as Kirishima calmed Bakugou down, saying that he did all he could and that Todoroki would be okay.

"You didn't see him Kiri, he- shit, he looked dead." whispered Bakugou, the quietest Aizawa had ever heard him speak. No shouting, nor growls, no nicknames. Just sad and tired.

"But he isn't. He's fighting for his life just like you fought for yours. Bakubro, he's gonna be fine. I promise."

"He can't die. Not when..."

"Bakubro," Kirishima began slowly, "what's going on with you and Todoroki?"

Bakugou cast a look up at his friend before grabbing an almost invisible chain from around his neck and pulling something up from his chest. It was a thin silver ring with two gems inside: one red and one white.

"Promise rings... how long?" asked Kirishima quietly.

"Middle of second year."

"Bakugou..."

Kirishima embraced his friend in a strong hug and soon Bakugou was crying, praying to whatever being was up in the sky to save Todoroki.

"I can't lose him. I can't..."

"And you won't." Aizawa assured as he joined his two students. "He'll pull through, we know how strong and brave Todoroki is."

"Is this what it feels like when Mic gets hurt?" Bakugou asked his teacher whilst sitting up and wiping away his tears.

Aizawa nodded his head and patted Bakugou's shoulder before handing them their coffees; the three of them sat back in silence once more as they waited for the news. Luckily it wasn't too long and an hour later a doctor left the room covered in a bloody apron. He removed his gloves and mask before speaking. Kirishima could see the horrified look in his friend's eyes as he looked at all of the blood so he quickly asked:

"How is he? Todoroki? He's okay, right?"

The doctor looked at the two boys before casting a glance at the teacher. The prolonged silence made them all tense up and when Bakugou looked up at the doctor's face he shook his head and took a step back.

"No... no he isn't. He's not- he can't be dead."

"Do you want the good news or the bad news?" the doctor asked as he looked at the blond boy's pained expression.

"The good news." Aizawa stated.

"Todoroki isn't dead."

"Oh thank god." the teacher sighed with relief whilst Bakugou gripped onto his necklace tightly.

"And the bad news?" he asked.

"He's in a coma. We don't know when he may wake up."

"I don't understand."

"We managed to stop the bleeding; his stomach wound missed his lungs by a mere centimetre. His head however took some serious damage and so if-"

"When." interrupted Bakugou with a glare.

"When," the doctor corrected, "he wakes up, he may have amnesia. There may also be problems with his speech and walking in the worst case scenario."