The King's Secret Pt.2

Shoto had never seen so many people in his life! There were bustling all around him getting on with their days, sometimes shouting loud hellos in passing or barging past others in the street to get to their desired destinations. Honestly, it was quite overwhelming. He hadn't seen outside of those four walls in years, and to now be below the vast blue sky, feeling the sun's warm rays blissfully coating his skin, and to enjoy the calming breeze that carried the scents of fresh baked goods nearby, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

He hadn't taken one step away from Bakugou's side as they made their way through the town, apparently to where the Barbarians' camps were. One, because he didn't know where he was going amongst these maze-like alleyways and looming townhouses, and two, because he felt eyes on him the further they went from the castle. It seems his looks were noticeable to even those living in the outlands. Thankfully Bakugou didn't mind, and this allowed Shoto some time to take a proper look at his companion.

Blond, unruly hair that spiked up in all directions, yet he imagined it was soft to the touch. Red, piercing eyes that noticed every single movement around him, sharp with wit and pride; to some, Shoto guessed he seemed cocky or over-confident, but that suited him just fine too. Sun-kissed skin that seemed to catch the light no matter where they walked, a few small scars here and there from the fighting he most likely did back at his home. Their home now, he supposed.

A strong jaw that clenched when someone got too close, leading to Shoto being able to feel the taut muscles in his arms, strong and clearly defined now that he wasn't wearing his cloak. As Bakugou had his arm wrapped around Shoto's waist, the boy took to pressing one hand against his torso so he wouldn't lose balance, and a recurring thought in his head was that Bakugou was... well, very attractive.

He hadn't had thoughts like this before, but from the way Bakugou held himself to his strong physique and beaming self-confidence, how could he not divulge in these new, warm sensations in his chest? 

Bakugou, on the other hand, was doing everything in his power to not glance at the boy next to him. Shoto didn't know what he was doing, breathing so close to his neck and hand ghosting his torso in a way that had his abs clenching, becoming more defined as he absentmindedly traced around them with cool fingertips. 

But he did notice the way Shoto seemed uncomfortable whenever someone stared too long; since the war was over and officials were running around trying to create order amongst the citizens before treaties could be born and signed, there were more eyes than the boy was probably ever used to seeing before. Being locked away so long made him find his mother frightening, yet alone a whole kingdom.

"It's okay. You're alright." he would sometimes whisper in assurance when Shoto tensed beside him, head dipping to hide in his neck when someone walked too close to them; he was, for once, thankful they were with his mother, for nobody bothered them due to their intimidating appearance as the conquerors of Endeavour.

At last they reached the Barbarian camps, and Mitsuki instructed her son to take Shoto to eat and sleep, as well as to find him some new clothes since it was colder in their homeland than here. Bakugou admitted it was amusing to watch Shoto try all of their meats and fruits, some that were rare even to the Tribes; it seemed the boy took a liking to their golden apples.

"This is..." Shoto asked hesitantly, looking at the array of food in front of him, "for me?"

"Who else is it for?" Bakugou teased with a grin.

"All of it?" 

Bakugou raised a brow at the true surprise in the boy's tone: the portion in front of him was a regular size for any teenager, so how little did they feed him back at the castle?