Madhouse Pt.3

All Might and Present Mic soon rushed into the office, two panting boys right behind them. Bakugou told them what was going on and Mic rushed off to go and find his husband. All Might took one look at Todoroki before his expression darkened, and he went to stand outside of the office, locking it as he resumed his hero form.

Iida and Kirishima stayed in a corner of the room, watching Recovery Girl work fast. She linked up Todoroki to some machine that was feeding a clear liquid into his system, as well as something on his finger to measure his heartbeat. Bakugou sat down on the chair right by the bed, looking over at the locked doors once or twice to make sure they were okay. As much as he wanted to fight Deku his boyfriend took priority.

"How is he?"

"I'm giving him some morphine to reduce the pain, but I've never seen this type of poison before. To be something activatable after such a long period of time, and to be so effective... I will do what I can."

Bakugou wanted to yell that it clearly wasn't good enough but he knew Shoto wouldn't want him to say it. He had to grind his teeth and watch as Recovery Girl took samples, injected fluids, and ran tests on the one person he really fucking cared about. It was like the past few weeks were on loop, where he would show up to the office everyday to be met with no answers.

About twenty minutes passed in tense silence before Recovery Girl stood back and took a seat on her chair. She seemed very exhausted but confirmed that Todoroki was stable. Bakugou said nothing, too busy watching the rise and fall of Todoroki's chest that signalled he was alive.

Suddenly, the door unlocked and in walked Aizawa, Mic and All Might, the former two looking worse for wear. Aizawa was bleeding from his shoulder and Mic had scratches here and there. All Might helped them sit down before doing what he could without Recovery Girl's help, not wanting her to overuse her quirk. The pro-heroes patched themselves up before addressing the people in the room.

"It was Midoriya, Todoroki was right. It seems like he had some sort of activation device that released the poison into Todoroki's system. Luckily, with the help of a few others heroes, we managed to get the device from him and it is currently being looked at to try and figure out if there is a way to reverse the effects." Mic explained.

"Did you catch him?" Bakugou asked roughly.

"He was accompanied by some others, making an escape route for him."

"So you didn't catch him?" Bakugou rephrased his question, and everyone in the room could see the veins tensing in his muscles.

"... No."

Bakugou took a long, deep breath in and out before saying: "You're so damn lucky that we're in here right now."

"Young Bakugou-"

"Don't." Katsuki glared at All Might. "You gave Deku your quirk, he got into this school and met Todoroki because of you. My goddamn boyfriend almost died because of your actions so don't, fucking, talk, to me."

The lack of shouting in his speech made Bakugou even scarier, and everyone remained silent before All Might apologised and left the room. Recovery Girl checked over Aizawa and Mic before they headed over to the dorms to brief the class on the situation. Kirishima wanted to comfort his bro, not enjoying the sight of him so tense and afraid, but a shake of the head from Iida made them leave too.

"I have to take a rest Bakugou, there is no more I can do as of now. Watch over him."

Bakugou nodded and his shoulder relaxed when she patted one of them. As soon as the office doors shut the blond slumped forwards onto the bed, his forehead resting against their joined hands. Shaky sobs left his lips as he tried to stay in control. He had to be strong for Shoto.