The Lost Prince - Epilogue

Dear Katsuki,

It's been 10 months since I've last seen you (I'm not counting that weekend visit to your kingdom because it was far too short). My reading and writing are now just as good as yours I hope, but I don't swear as much. Don't worry, it's kind of endearing. 

The weather here is getting colder and the leaves are all but gone on the trees. I like the snow though, it's pretty when the sun shines on it in the morning. Is the weather just as cold in Deika? I'm learning more in my geography classes and know that your kingdom is farther south than ours, so maybe not? If so, I hope you wrap up warm and drink lots of tea. 

Yesterday, Fuyumi told me that your parents have accepted the invitation to spend Christmas with us. Therefore, I expect you to be here next week so we can spend time together both before Christmas and after the New Year. I would like to see the fireworks again with you, if you'd like. 

I've been practising baking with my mother so when you and your parents come you will like our food and maybe they will like me. I want to make a good impression on them. What is your favourite dessert? I'm sure underneath the amount of spicy food you eat there is a sweet tooth (is that the right expression? Natsuo told it to me). 

I'm excited to see you again, Katsuki.

Yours, Shoto.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Dear Shoto,

I miss you too. Life here is pretty busy since next year I will become the King of Deika. It's hard work and lots of training, but I know I'll be the best King ever. You can spend as much time here as you'd like (and don't worry, my old had may like you more than me with how she talks about you (she sneaks our letters to read sometimes, it's annoying)).

I will ask the old hag if we can extend our visit so we can celebrate your birthday together. 17 is when you become an adult, and I want to give you my present in person. I think you'll like it. Hint: it's round and sparkly.

As for the weather, you're correct that my kingdom is to the south of yours, but it's still freezing cold. I have to train indoors but I still ride my horse through the mountains. My old hag bothers me as much as you about wearing more clothes, but I naturally run warm so you don't need to worry. I did try the honey blossom tea you sent me though; it was really good. 

I've already started packing for our trip and we're bringing a selection of dishes of our own (I want to see what Enji looks like when trying our spiciest chilli dish, maybe his face will go as red as his hair), but for dessert my favourite is green tea mochi, like the ones we had at the festival. 

Looking forwards to seeing you too, beautiful.

Yours, Katsuki.