Descendants Pt.1

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse

THEMES: Todobowl, Disney Descendants AU

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was another beautiful day in Auradon. The flowers were blooming in a gorgeous rainbow, petals glistening with dewdrops in the sunrise. Cars and carriages along the streets exchanging greetings as people headed to school and work. The sky was the most perfect shade of blue, like always, and the air seemed to buzz with warmth and kindness. 

It was disgusting. 

As soon as Shoto went through the gate to Auradon he almost gagged at the amount of sickening bright smiles on people's faces. They all waved and talked amicably, wearing gaudy patterns of the brightest fabrics that made him want to gauge his own eyes out. The sun seemed to purposefully glare in his eyes no matter which way he looked. 

The only thing he did like about his new home was the sweets.

His ride was full of them. Flavours and textures he had never tasted before, so sweet but so addictive. He especially liked the ones that were labelled as Strawberry Creams, and he grabbed a handful to hide in his coat to save for later, knowing they were likely to be the only good thing in this hellhole. 

"We're arriving at Auradon Prep now." the driver announced, and Shoto didn't miss the look of contempt sent his way; he stuck his tongue out at the man's back. 

He turned to look out the window once more and he was immediately greeted with a large brick building of light brown, yellow and blue banners hung everywhere. There was a lot of grass that was actually green, and water fountains that spouted actual clean water. He wanted to taste it. 

The car stopped and the driver came around the side to open the door. He hissed at the sudden attack on his ears, hand instantly reaching for the small dagger he slipped through the gate, hidden in the side of his boot. He took a hesitant look out of the car and saw a crowd of students dancing and waving whilst a smaller group were playing instruments that sounded like farts. Is this what they call music in Auradon? What was wrong with them all?!

Putting on a cold expression he stepped out of the car, glaring at the first person he saw. Well, it wasn't really a person but a mouse? Bear? Thing? 

"Ah, it is so lovely of you to finally join us Todoro-"

"Shoto." He interrupted, intrigued as to why the animal wasn't put off by his glare.

"Of course. Welcome to Auradon Prep, a school where we create the finest citizens for this land, full of kindness and talent all around."

There was a long silence, and Shoto presumed he was supposed to say something. To show excitement or whatever, he thought with a scoff.

"Right," it continued, "my name is Principal Nezu. Now I'm sure you are curious about why someone like me is in charge of this school-"

"Not really."

"Right..." He was starting to get under its skin. Good. "Well, I look forward to seeing how you find your time in Auradon, and I have some people to introduce you to."

Two boys stepped forwards who looked around his age, one with messy blond hair and the other with the worst eye-bags he had ever seen. And that's saying something: he had seen The Evil Queen on her worst days.

"This is Shinsou Hitoshi, son of Snow White-"

"Unfortunate." He guessed Shinsou knew what he found so funny by the slightest twitch of his eye, but of course he couldn't say anything and ruin his good boy image.