Zoo Trip

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: extreme fluff, Shoto x All

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The bus was practically shaking with the excitement vibrating throughout all of the students of Class 2A. They were currently on a field trip for their biology class and the school had booked out the whole zoo for the day just for the students. They had left the dorms at 6AM to ensure they arrived at 9AM when the zoo opened, allowing them optimum time to see all the exhibits and the special tours offered by the zookeepers. For the beginning of the journey most of the students slept since it was still dark outside, but as they got closer and closer to the zoo their excitement shot through the roof.

Shoto was listening to Midoriya talk about the many animal documentaries he had watched recently and how different species had evolved over the years. Shoto nodded here and there to show he was listening, but he was thinking to himself what different animals he would like to see. He had never been to a zoo before so this would be his first time seeing so many animals in real life.

Aizawa notified them when they were ten minutes away so they could pack away their things and put on their coats since there was a morning chill in the air. Once the bus was parked up and Aizawa had signed all of the necessary forms involving the protection and behaviour of his students, they were taken to the food hall where they had breakfast. 

Whilst eating the zookeepers who would be their guides for the day passed around maps of the zoo, highlighting the different enclosures as well as resting points, bathrooms and food stalls. Since it was only their class in the zoo not all of the stalls would be open but there were still ample spots to get food and drinks if they wished. 

Once breakfast was finished they cleaned up their spaces and washed their hands before heading into the first enclosure: reptiles. 

Shoto had seen snakes on TV and their hissing and slithering kind of freaked him out. He once saw a film where a snake wrapped around someone's neck so tight it killed them, so when they reached a large tank with a giant cobra in it he chose to stand at the back of the group. The zookeeper talked about different types of snakes, pointing to some Cornsnakes and even a Black Adder in different tanks, as well as their diets and living environments. He talked about the misconceptions of snakes and even took one out to hold in his arms, the class all taking a step back when it hissed.

They saw a group of iguanas as well as a bearded dragon that blended in with the vegetation in its tank, before moving on to the next enclosure. On the way there Aizawa was making sure they had filled in their report forms on at least one type of reptilian for their reports.

The next animals they saw were Monkeys, Denki making a joke of how they swung across the different ropes attached to the ceiling like Sero with his tape. The monkeys were giant and some of their behaviour was similar to humans; Shoto heard the zookeeper say they shared 98% of their DNA with monkeys, and when he saw one that was loud and bashing his fists into a wooden pole he knew it resembled Bakugou.

After the Monkeys came the aquarium, and he was in awe of the hundreds of different species of fish from Starfish and Seahorses to Sting Rays and Angelfish. He saw a shoal of Koi fish all swimming around together and they were the same red and gold colour as the ones in the small lake in the garden at home. He liked wandering through the cave-like structure and how the water made shiny reflections above him. 

A camera clicking caught his attention, and he turned his head to see Mina had taken a photo of him with her camera. Before he could even ask she rushed over to show him the photo, gushing about how the lighting made his eyes look pretty. She rushed off to take more photos, leaving him stunned for a second before he was distracted by-