Part-time Ambitions Pt.3

He turned around to look at the rest of the band. Bakugou was grinning manically at the screaming crowd, but he sent a fist pump Shoto's way at the success of their song. Shinsou was taking a sip of water but also seemed very happy, waving to a few of his old classmates who were cheering him on. Jirou bouncing on the balls of her feet, very happy to be performing so well, and Dark Shadow was going crazy in the background, casting cool shadows amongst the strobe lights above them. Turning around, just as Jirou began the opening of the next song, he once more ran a hand through his hair before beginning to sing.

"Girl, tell me what you're doing on the other side, and tell, just tell me what you're doing with that other guy. 'Cause I ain't got patience to slow down the pace ∼

All your girlfriends are wasted. They need it, they chase it. Face it, you want it, you crave it ∼

Believe when I say that you'll know once you taste it. ∼ "

This song they all partook in writing, but Jirou took the lead role in it. It was a heavier song than the opening track, but it definitely got a lot of attention. If there were people not watching them perform before, they certainly were now. Putting a lot more emotion into his voice, he directed his attention to the centre of the crowd, where a group of girls, and boys, not-so secretly blushed as he gave them his attention. Maybe his friends were right when they said he was attractive? He allowed himself to loosen up as the song progressed, nothing big just a few steps or hand gestures (and some unconscious biting of his bottom lip that left not only the students in the crowd but also his fellow bandmates a little red-cheeked).

"All of your friends have been here for too long, they must be waiting for you to move on (woo). Girl, I'm not with it I'm way too far gone, I'm not ready, eyes heavy now ∼

Heart on your sleeve like you've never been loved, running in circles, now look what you've done (woo) ∼

Give you my word as you take it and run. Wish you'd let me stay, I'm ready now (woo). ∼ "

The second song ended and the band were on a roll, they had a five minute break halfway through the set because none of them anticipated how exhausted and sweating they would be under the harsh lights. Heading off stage to gulp down water or to simply stretch their limbs, they all relished those five spare minutes.

"Okay, I have to ask, who are you and what have you done with Shoto?"

Todoroki looked up from his phone where the class groupchat was spammed with messages from the students, all celebrating how successful HERO was so far.

"What do you mean?" Todoroki asked, unbuttoning his shirt a little more and wafting the material to let some breeze reach his hot body. "I am right here."

"It's just... you seem so confident."

"Eyebags is right, twenty minutes ago you were gonna throw up." Bakugou grunted, taking off his jacket and chucking into the dressing room tent.

"I was not. I was just nervous. But I have a good band and good friends so I feel confident to perform. Come here," Todoroki pulled Bakugou over to him and placed his right palm over his forehead, "we don't need you blowing up the stage."

"Fuck you Icyhot."

"Hm."

Once the mini break was over the band returned to the stage, and anyone who had left the crowd for snacks and drinks came rushing back. They immersed themselves back into their performance with a slow-vibe song, light and simple as they warmed up once more.