Time With You Pt.2

The weather outside was perfect, with the spring sun and refreshing breeze. It made the class more excited for their outing, being a little careless when heading throughout the streets, narrowly avoiding people and shop signs. Luckily, with supervision from Iida and Momo, they made it to the mall without incidence.

Momo suggested that for the remainder of the morning the class would split into groups to shop for their own interests; then they would meet up in the food court for lunch at midday. Once everyone had paired up or formed small groups they split off around the mall. 

When the rest of their class were out of sight, Shoto slipped his hand into Katsuki's, entwining their fingers with a small squeeze. He looked around at the busy mall, seeing other teenagers or parents with their children enjoying a shopping trip during the weekend. He was slightly overwhelmed with the mass of crowds and the many different types of shops, but thankfully he had Katsuki with him. 

"Want to get drinks first, angel? We can sit down for a while inside, somewhere quiet."

"Okay."

Bakugou saw a small coffee shop at the corner of the mall where the queues were smaller and plenty of seating was available. It was decorated cosily, with warm and neutral tones alongside cushioned seats and small sofas for customers to relax on. It reminded him of the cat cafe they always passed after remedial lessons, and he made a mental reminder to take Shoto there soon.

A bell jingled as they walked through the door, faint music heard in the background behind the constant murmur of voices. Katsuki knew Shoto's order by heart, so he told his boyfriend to go and find somewhere to sit whilst he waited for their drinks. Thankfully the baristas worked fast, so he wasn't standing by the counter for too long.

"One vanilla latte with extra cream and an iced white chocolate mocha."

Shoto found a small booth by the windows of the coffee shop, giving them a view of the mall without the noise of the crowds. The lighting inside was soft and warm compared to the harsh fluorescent of the rest of the mall, which helped him feel more relaxed. When Katsuki appeared with their drinks he smiled in thanks before enjoying a sip of the delicious iced mocha, the white chocolate having the perfect amount of sweetness. He hummed and took another sip.

"Taste good?" Katsuki asked, happy at the content expression on Shoto's face.

"It's really good. Thanks, Katsu."

They talked a little here and there about school or things they wanted to buy, but mostly enjoyed each other's company. One thing they greatly appreciated about the other was that there was no need to make small talk, they could simply spend time together and be more than happy. Katsuki liked to watch the small changes on Shoto's face when he saw something cute or interesting; Shoto liked to watch how Katsuki took in his surroundings, like he wanted to make the most of every place and every moment, living life to the fullest.

When they finished their drinks Shoto was feeling more relaxed, so he and Katsuki ventured back out into the mall, deciding to stroll around and stop in any store that looked interesting. The first place they found was H2: the hero merchandise chain store that could be found all across Japan. Katsuki went straight over to the All Might section, commenting on how ugly the Endeavour action figure looked to make Shoto laugh, whilst Shoto looked around at the other heroes like Hawks and Mirko. 

"Is this the one you've been wanting?" he asked Katsuki when he found his boyfriend looking at a bronze edition of the latest All Might figure. There were limited supply and only a few were left on the shelf.

"Yeah. It looks so awesome!" Katsuki picked the box up, holding it almost reverently. "I'm getting this before Deku does." He grinned and made his way over to the counter.