No.1 Admirer

As he dropped his final box onto the floor of his new apartment, he slouched down onto the sofa with a groan, letting his head fall back as he shut his eyes. It had been a long day: the 13 hour flight from New York plus the taxi to get to Musutafu, and then he had to unload his boxes from the moving van. He was up before the sun and up long after it had set, and he wanted nothing more than to go to bed.

He looked around at the unopened boxes that contained his life and decided that it was a job for tomorrow; so, he ordered take-out before having a shower, enjoying the hot and spicy ramen before unrolling his futon for the night...

He spent the next few days setting up his apartment, decking out his kitchen and living room and sorting out his closet. He went grocery shopping, enjoying not having to wear his mask and hat to hide his identity, and went to the local spicy curry shop he recalled visiting with his parents as a kid. The smell was so nostalgic he had to send a picture to her, grinning at the mad emojis sent his way.

It was good for him to brush up on his Japanese too. He only spoke it at home from time to time with his mom, and he hadn't been to visit since he started at the USA's top hero school: National Hero Academy.

Once the weekend was over and he was comfortable in his new surroundings, he headed off to the agency he was collaborating with for the next six months. He was assigned to help with a case of trafficking, and he would be advantageous both due to his excellent combat skills and quirk but also his identity was not as well-known as some prominent heroes in Japan. The pay was pretty good too, but that was more of an afterthought.

The agency was huge, sitting atop a hill on the outskirt of the city, close enough for heroes and sidekicks to rush to the action but far enough away that civilians wouldn't come snooping and villain attacks would be detected immediately. The walls were made of glass and steel, tinted so you couldn't see what it looked like inside, and the doors were large and revolving, a constant flow of heroes and workers going in and out.

He was wearing civilian clothes himself, matching black shirt and jeans, but once he showed his hero license to the security at the door he was immediately led to the front office to sign in. The lady was in awe and he gladly gave an autograph, grinning in the elevator as they went to the top floor. The floor was wide and busy, full of desks with the top heroes filling paperwork or investigating cases; some were empty for those on patrols. Phones rang and emails dinged, the constant chatter making him adjust his hearing aids from the feedback.

The guard knocked at a large oak door before it swung open to reveal a grand meeting table, the current number one hero sitting at the centre. Around him were sidekicks, analysts and other people from random departments, and they all turned to look at him as he entered.

"Dynamight. Glad you could finally join us."

Ah, right. Endeavour was known for having a temper, as well as being harsh on his sidekicks, so him showing up just on time instead of early was a test to see how well he could maintain his composure.

"Sorry, traffic." He shrugged before sitting in the last empty seat, a name plaque with his hero alias set on the table before him.

"We've just begun recounting the possible locations for the traffickers' warehouses. We believe there are three here in Musutafu, as well as another in nearby Hosu. We have a separate team in Tokyo handling the rest." a woman in a crisp suit spoke, looking at him over the bridge of her glasses.

He nodded and began to read through the case file, frowning at the lack of in-depth or certain information present. He knew this was a tough case, these thugs really knew what they were doing, but there was nothing to go on here.