Gone Boy Pt.1

TRIGGER WARNING: torture, blood, drowning, kidnapping

THEMES: Angst, Villain!Deku!

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was a late, cool evening in Autumn and Todoroki managed to escape from Heights Alliance for an hour before curfew. The class had had a crazy day with mini quizzes and extra training due to the recent villain attacks that seemed to be targeted at 2A. And as much as he enjoyed being with his classmates, Todoroki definitely needed some alone time to de-stress before heading to bed. 

His phone dinged as he passed under a lamppost, so he paused in his journey back and pulled his phone from his jacket, unlocking it and reading the message as he leaned against the metal pole.

Iida: Todoroki, I hope you are enjoying your walk but please return to the dorms now as curfew is in 20 minutes.

Todoroki: Sure, I'm on my w-

...

...

...

Iida stared at his phone, wondering why it was taking so long for Todoroki to reply. He had seen and opened the message and was in the middle of replying, but it was concerning how long it took to send a simple 'okay'. He waited for another few minutes - watching the dots bounce up and down - before closing the messaging app and opening the phone tracking app Aizawa had asked them to install on their phones due to the increasing villainous activity near their school.

The app zoned in on Todoroki's location, revealing he was around 15 minutes away from Heights Alliance. The blinking arrow stayed in the same spot until it suddenly vanished, a message popping up on the screen that revealed Todoroki's phone was disconnected. Iida frowned and joined Tsuyu and Uraraka at the table, asking them to message Todoroki.

"Nope, it's not going through." Uraraka said.

"Me neither. Maybe his phone died?" Tsuyu questioned. "Or maybe it's villains!"

Iida nodded in thanks before sending a few more messages of his own, going around to his classmates and asking them to message or ring Todoroki too. But nobody got a response and so he asked Aizawa to do the same thing. 

"When was the last time you got in contact with him?" their teacher asked as he tried ringing Todoroki, only to get disconnected.

"I spoke to him before he left."

"I messaged him to pick me some things up from the store on his way back."

"I sent him a meme a few hours ago."

"Right... I'll head out to his most recent location, to see if there's any problem." Aizawa decided, grabbing his scarf before heading out of the dorms, leaving an uneasy-feeling class behind.

Aizawa quickly left the grounds and headed down the familiar route he knew Todoroki often took. His student often took walks in the evening to have some time to himself, a habit he knew about since he often patrolled in the evenings and overnight. Therefore, he knew where Todoroki liked to walk: down the bridge and around the park, specifically the part with the orchards.

So, he retraced his footsteps and ended up at a regular lamppost when he found something on the ground. A mobile phone was cracked, as if stomped on, and lay dejectedly by the alleyway like it had been kicked there. Aizawa picked it up and the screen luckily turned on for a moment, revealing a flickering image of Todoroki and his siblings before shutting down. He scanned the nearby area for any signs of a struggle but it was clean, as if his student had simply disappeared into thin air.