Shoto Is A Cat?!

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: fluff, humour, Shoto x Class 1A

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Don't freak out." Aizawa instructed, and immediately the class began to freak out. What had happened for their teacher to look so concerned? No villains had been attacking lately, right?

"What is wrong Sir?" Iida asked, chopping in haste. "Is there something we need to be aware of?"

"Well..." Aizawa paused, pinching the bridge of his nose before sighing deeply, "something has happened to Todoroki."

"Is he okay?!" Deku yelled, eyes wide.

"Yes problem child. Now sit down." the teacher glared, Izuku sinking back into the sofa.

"Where's Icyhot then?" Bakugou raised a brow when Aizawa went over to the doorway of the dorms and returned with a blanket-covered cage.

"As you know, today Todoroki joined a routine patrol with Present Mic. There was a disturbance due to a bank robbery and a civilian accidentally hit Todoroki with his quirk."

"And? Sir, why do you have a pet cage?" asked Momo before her eyes grew wide with understanding; their teacher nodded, slowly pulling off the blanket.

Inside the cage was a sleeping cat, fur a blend of snowy white and burgundy brown. Its tail was wrapped protectively around itself, and its ears twitched subconsciously at the swish of the blanket.

"As you can see, Todoroki has been transformed into a cat."

Aizawa put the cage on the coffee table in the middle of the sofas, taking a step back when his students slowly gathered around the cage. Deku was already taking mental notes to add to his quirk book later.

"Does he know what's going on?" Momo asked. 

"No, I had to approach him carefully to get him into the cage. Recovery Girl said he had no injuries in his cat nor human form but that the quirk effects will last around one maybe two weeks. He is to stay in the dorms until he returns to normal and I am, unwillingly, putting you all in charge of taking care of him." their teacher concluded, some students' eyes brightening at the idea of having a class pet, even if said pet was their classmate.

"We'll take good care of Todoroki, Sensei!" Uraraka declared.

"You got pet food and toys and shit?" asked Bakugou, huffing a slight laugh as Todoroki's tail flicked up and down when one of the students got too close.

"We stocked a cupboard in the kitchen earlier whilst you were all in class. There is wet and dry food, care instructions, a small box of toys, litter and a box, and a bed. You need to keep him healthy as we don't know the effects it will have on Todoroki's body once he returns to normal."

"You can trust us Sensei!" the class cheered, startling the cat awake; immediately Todoroki the Cat was on alert, ears pointed back and hissing at the faces near his cage.

At Aizawa's steely glare everyone returned to the sofas, waiting with baited breaths when the man opened the door to the cage. He managed to coax Shoto out, and the cat sniffed the air before diving off the coffee table and hiding under a sofa.

"He most likely won't come out for a few hours, but try and entice him when you all eat dinner later. I'll be back in the morning to check up on him."

With that Aizawa left, and the class were already exchanging ideas of all the fun things they could do with Todoroki whilst he was a cat. But firstly it was time to eat, and so whilst Bakugou cooked the class' meal, Momo was in charge of Todoroki's dinner. Using the measuring cup, she poured him a bowl of cat biscuits and lactose-free milk, calling out his name in a sing-song tone in hopes of getting him out from under the sofa.