Shoto On Ice

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: fluff

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"I haven't been skating in years!"

"I don't think I'm very good at it!"

"You will be terrible, crappy Deku!"

"Thanks Kaachan..."

"I think you'll be a fast learner."

"Thanks Todoroki! You too! Wait, have you ever done skating before?"

"Hm. A little."

"Really?! Wow I bet you're so good!"

Aizawa rubbed at his temple as he herded his kids into the skating arena, already regretting the idea of a class trip to let off some steam and stress.

"Remember this is a class trip so keep in mind you are representing all the students and staff at UA. And don't-"

"Hi, can we skate now?!" Denki asked the receptionist excitedly, jumping up and down with a grinning Mina.

"O-of course." the receptionist nodded whilst being taken-aback by the energetic boy; they received a sympathetic nod from Aizawa as they checked their booking time. "Here it is. The rink is yours for the next two hours, use it well and have fun!"

"Yay!" 

Rushing in to the changing room, the class all grabbed skates in their size before pulling off their own shoes and hanging up their jackets. They were a mixture of black and white with sharp silver blades that looked very dangerous indeed. Some of them struggled with a few of the laces and had to ask for help of others. 

For example, when Momo was struggling with hers Todoroki knelt down from sitting next to her and quietly laced them up, asking if they fit right. Momo blushed but replied gratefully that they were perfect, and she and Jiro headed off to the rink together whilst chatting animatedly.

Todoroki himself grabbed a pair of white skates and swiftly laced them up, remembering the first time he came and sat whilst his mother laced up his skates for him, telling him he would be able to do them perfectly when he was grown up. The smallest smile appeared on his face and he headed out to the rink, putting in his earbuds and starting some music before slipping his phone into his back pocket.

At the rink he found Deku and Uraraka looking at the ice with anxious expressions; every time they put one foot on the ice it went sliding and they hastily retreated. Shoto stopped at the entrance next to them and checked his skates were tight enough before taking a breath in and pushing out onto the ice, getting used to the weight and finding his centre of balance. It luckily didn't take too long and so he went over to Deku and Uraraka.

"Do you need help?" he asked.

"Yes please Todoroki! You're so good at this!" Uraraka complimented; Shoto thanked her before gently taking her hands and pulling her onto the ice, checking behind him to make sure the ice was clear.

Todoroki showed Uraraka how to glide without falling over before giving her advice on her posture. Soon she shakily could skate on her own, still with her hand on the railing just in case, so Shoto went over to Deku. This time Deku put his hands on Todoroki's first and took the first hesitant step onto the ice. 

But his foot slid forwards and he fell back. Todoroki grabbed the boy and pulled him up before asking if he was okay.

"Fine thanks! That was a close one!"

"Hm."

After a minute or so Deku was skating as good as Uraraka, yet he was hesitant to let go of Shoto's hands. Todoroki saw this and assumed he was just still a little nervous, so he skated them over to the brunette and linked their hands together, saying the best way to improve was to help one another. Then he re-shuffled his song and skated off, wanting some time alone.