Villain?!

TRIGGER WARNING: violence, mental illness

THEMES: Angst, Villain!Todoroki? (lyrics from Let You Down by NF)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Guys, I think you should see this." Deku announced in a voice no louder than a whisper...

Todoroki had been absent from class all day, missing both lessons and hero training. They assumed that he had probably been feeling unwell, not knowing any other reason for him to have not shown up. 

So when they returned to the dorms at the end of the day, Deku and Iida went over to Shoto's dorm and knocked on the door quietly in case he was sleeping. They waited a moment before knocking again, but the eerie silence from inside the dorm made them concerned.

"Todoroki, are you in there? Are you awake?" Iida asked, knocking on the door a third time.

Silence.

"Todoroki?" Deku called, sharing a frown with Iida before pulling on the door handle and finding it unlocked.

When they walked inside their eyes widened with shock. It was a complete mess: the curtains torn, desk overthrown and bedsheets all over the place. Books and pens were all over the floor and there were even scorch marks on the walls.

"Todoroki!" Deku yelled, gaining the attention of his other classmates; Iida was already calling Aizawa.

"Why the hell are you shouting Dek- what the hell?!" Bakugou yelled, looking stunned by the state of Icyhot's dorm.

"Where is Todoroki?" Momo asked, pushing her way into the room to inspect the damage.

"Guys, I think you should see this." Deku announced in a voice no louder than a whisper.

Deku picked up a white envelope that was laid upon the open windowsill. It was addressed to Class 1A.

Class 1A,

All these voices in my head get loud. I wish that I could shut them out. I wish that I could say I'm proud. I'm sorry that I let you down.

Yeah, I guess I'm a disappointment. I don't wanna make you disappointed. I just wanna make you feel like everything I ever did was never tryna make an issue for you.

Paranoia, what did I do wrong this time? That's parents for you. Very loyal? Shoulda had my back but you put a knife in it. My hands are full, what else should I carry for you?

You don't wanna make this work. You don't ever hear my words. You don't wanna know my hurt. How can we keep going at a rate like this? We can't, so I guess I'ma have to leave.

Please don't come after me,

Shoto.

"So he's gone? Just like that?" Kaminari questioned with a sad expression. "We couldn't even say goodbye?"

"But read what he said. It doesn't sound like Shoto." Momo pleaded. "He never mentioned he felt this way. Voices? Disappointment? Hurt?"

"Well it's his damn handwriting." Bakugou stated as he took the letter and read it to himself again. "If he's gone then he's gone. It doesn't seem like he was taken if he left a letter."

"But... why did he just leave like this? What made him do this? Where is he?" Midoriya mumbled to himself as he felt tears well in his eyes. "What is going on?!"

"What's... wrong." Aizawa trailed off as he entered Todoroki's room. "Explain this. Where is he?"

Bakugou handed him the letter harshly before storming off to go and train. How dare Todoroki leave like this! Leaving so many unanswered questions behind? They still had to battle didn't they?!