Singing

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: humour, Todoroki siblings are everything

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lockdown. Which meant online class. Which meant chaos. Which meant an early retirement for Aizawa. Add in some increasingly annoying backpain. And faulty internet. You get the daily schedule of Class 1A.

Being the number one class in their year, you'd expect the students to take their home learning seriously, especially since they lack the advantages of in-person learning such as access to teachers and resources.

But no, it was far the opposite.

Day 1 of online learning: Denki had an electric overload and fried the internet connection. There were no more lessons that day.

Day 2: Bakugou had the world's most intense yelling match with his mother in the background. Thank the Lord that their voices were muffled, Aizawa didn't think he could survive hearing his student and his mother using every curse word invented since the dawn of mankind.

Day 5: Sero was in the kitchen during his lessons, and got up halfway to start making some quesadillas. This led to an 'early lunchtime'... nobody returned for afternoon lessons. And there was nothing Aizawa could do about it.

Day 11: Everyone had stopped turning their cameras on apart from Iida and Momo. Even Aizawa didn't bother anymore: he had given up on personal hygiene about a week ago causing Mic much frustration.

Day 16: Shinsou had managed to hack into his dad's laptop and played meowing noises everytime his teacher began to speak. This caused the class much amusement and Shinsou rounds of hearty laughter.

Day 22: It hadn't even been a month but it was the last day of online lessons before the class had a week off for mid-term holiday. It actually went pretty smoothly until they had a whole school online assembly... there are no words how embarrassed Aizawa was.

But now it was back to school and the teacher prayed that it would be much better the second time around. On their first lesson back he went over some ground rules such as 'no eating unless it's break time' or 'please keep your mics off unless told otherwise'. He also reprimanded Shinsou on his behaviour, but what could he do? Ground him? They were already stuck inside.

With a heavy sigh and a rub at his eyes, Aizawa began teaching for the day. First and second period went well, and his students all had their cameras turned on. Some looked the same and some had longer or shorter hair that was definitely done unprofessionally. They were all on time after break and answered questions when called upon. It was after lunch that something rather unexpected happened. But not in a bad way, more like a pleasant surprise.

It was after lunch and Aizawa was busy setting up a new work document - you know, those annoying ones where the students could all contribute at the same time, yeah utter chaos - so he told his students to have an extra five minutes on their break.

On their tiny squares he could see some of them on their phones or others still eating. Some weren't even in the frame, off doing other things.

Todoroki was using his phone screen for the live call, and had his computer and monitor next to him to work on. He had just finished his soba and wanted a drink, so he took his phone with him and went downstairs, not wanting to miss the lesson starting. The background was out of focus but you could see a vase here or window there. Todoroki also seemed to walk through a mini garden, so those who were looking realised he must have one of those houses with a mini green space in the centre.

He placed his phone down on a surface signalling he was in the kitchen, and went about here and there sorting out his dishes.

"Con flores te llevaste mi tristeza Con colores∼ "