Little Acts of Kindness Pt.1

TRIGGER WARNING: dissociation, slight panic attacks

THEMES: Angst, fluff, Shoto X All

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Shoto was the type of person who preferred actions over words. He wasn't always great at expressing his feelings through words and so used actions to show he cared about others. He never really thought much of it, he just did things that seemed right, but apparently it meant a lot to his classmates...

∘₊✧─── ONE ───✧₊∘

Shoto noticed that Momo had been working very hard on increasing the size of the objects she creates at greater speeds. She was making good progress but it always left her exhausted after class, and even the great meals Bakugou cooked up didn't give her the amount of calories she needed. 

In the evening after one such class, Shoto had just stepped off the train coming back from his house, Fuyumi having invited him for dinner. Thankfully his father wasn't home, meaning they could talk normally and indulge in some ice cream Fuyumi had brought with her. The kind gesture popped up in his mind as he walked past a convenience store, so he headed inside and went to the hot food section. There was a lot of choice and it was slightly overwhelming, but he picked up a cheeseburger and an energy drink before heading to the counter to pay.

When he returned to the dorms he found most of the class in the common room, either studying at the tables or playing video games on the TV. Momo was the former, so he went over and gave her the food. He told her she needed to eat more or else she'll hurt herself in class, and to ignore idiots like Mineta. 

Momo took the food with watery eyes, standing up and hugging Shoto that left him standing there in shock. After a moment he gently patted her back before Momo pulled away and dug into her burger, already feeling much better. 

Glad that she was happy he went up stairs to shower and change, wanting to finish his homework before going to bed...

"That was really sweet of him." Jirou stated when Momo had finished the burger, looking happy and energised.

"Todoroki's really kind underneath," said Uraraka, "he's thoughtful and caring in ways even he probably doesn't even know."

∘₊✧─── TWO ───✧₊∘

Kaminari has always had too much energy. He was loud and fidgety and his brain never stopped racing with thoughts. The only time he was still was when he was in his stunned mode after over-using his quirk, but that always left him with a headache afterwards. His whole life everyone had told him it was just a by-product of his quirk, and his behaviour was normal. 

But he knew it wasn't. Nobody else in his class lost focus after five minutes, nobody else in class couldn't fall asleep due to their bodies being unable to sit still, and nobody else in the class struggled to complete simple tasks due to being side-tracked by dumb thoughts. 

It wasn't until his second term at UA that Kaminari had been called to a meeting with Aizawa, the man asking if he wanted to get tested for ADHD. At first he refused, not wanting to be looked down upon for something as simple as lack of an attention span, but when it was consistently affecting his grades he gave in. Two weeks later he was on ADHD medication, and his life was much better.

He slept a full 7 hours a night, could get through his daily routines with minimal distraction, and was able to complete classwork during class instead of stewing it over in his room late at night. It also helped with his hero training, his grades improving with each assessment. 

His classmates weren't surprised when he was diagnosed with ADHD, and actually were more sensitive on his days where everything was a little too stimulating. On one such day there was nothing his medication could do, and so after they returned to the dorms he went straight to his room and put on some comfy sweats and grabbed a fidget. It was the one Aizawa had given him a few weeks ago because apparently it would help him with focusing and calming down. So, he took it down to the common room and fidgeted whilst the sounds of his classmates surrounded him.