Always His Favourite

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of violence, abuse, shock, mentions of suicide, dissociation

THEMES: angst, TodoBaku

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Stop it already!" Todoroki yelled as he diminished Dabi's flames with an ice wall. "You're just making things worse!"

"Shut it Shoto! I have every right to be mad!" Dabi yelled back as he singed his brother with his flames, the fire in his eyes burning brighter. 

"I know you do! I know more than anybody!"

"You know nothing!"

"Don't I?!" Shoto almost screamed, trying to reign in his own anger as he dodged more blue flames. But the anger wasn't directed at Touya, but at their father and him being reason they were now fighting.

"No! You were always his favourite! You were his damn masterpiece and you left us all behind!" Dabi's arching flames hit Shoto, the ice melting and making him fall back. "I bet you enjoyed it, didn't you?!"

"Enjoyed it!? Enjoyed it! You damn idiot I agreed to more training so he would leave you alone! To stop him giving you more scars-"

"Well that didn't turn out well did it?! Look at me!"

"I am looking but it's not my fault Touya! Don't you get it?! When you disappeared I refused to believe you had been murdered! I searched for you for weeks damn it! Months! And when Endeavour found out he beat me so badly I couldn't walk for weeks!"

"Oh boohoo! You're just trying to make me feel bad! You're just like him!"

"Then so are you!"

"Don't you dare compare me to that piece of flaming shit! He destroyed me-"

"And you're not trying to fix it! You're letting your anger consume you and trust me it doesn't end well!"

"And what would you know?! Your life is goddamn perfect! Training to be the next number one hero and getting all the praise and attention!"

"If my life is so goddamn perfect then why did I try to end it, huh?! Twice?! Touya I thought you were dead! I thought my brother had been killed! And all this time you didn't contact me once-"

"I'm with the LOV now! Touya is gone!"

"No he isn't! He's right in front of me and I want to help him!"

"You want to help a villain?! You tried to commit suicide! Wow the old man really did mess you up in the head!" Touya screamed whilst laughing manically, Shoto having to dodge the ever-increasing flames.

"Don't you think I know that?!" Shoto yelled, struggling to see as unshed tears blurred his vision. "I know I'm messed up! I know something is wrong with me! The day you- when you- something snapped in me that day and I know it can't be fixed! Mom went mad, gave me this scar that hurts everyday-"

"Don't even start on that-"

"I'm not trying to devalue your pain!" Shoto interrupted, trapping Dabi's legs in ice. "Fuyumi and Natsuo are gone, they walked out, and dad still beats me like I'm some goddamn inhumane clay he can mould to perfection! But his actions will not stop me from trying to help you!"

"I don't need your help! I can't be helped! I'm not sick, I'm not injured, I'm angry!"

"And letting your anger consume you will turn you into the one thing you've sought to destroy!"

"Stop it Shoto." Dabi demanded as they met face to face, his voice now eerily dark and calm. "Stop it and move on. Be a stupid hero and become just like him, but do not try to save me. I don't need to be saved. I'm a villain, and the next time we meet I won't hesitate to kill you."