Class Pets

TRIGGER WARNING: none

THEMES: fluff, Cat!Shoto, Dog!Katsuki, TodoBaku

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Class 1A had endured nothing but pain and chaos since starting at UA. The teachers and themselves were tired, yet pushed through and fulfilled their duties to prepare for future attacks. However, the class also wanted time to relax and also maybe attend therapy, plus there was something missing amongst the group of teens.

"Pleeeeeaaaaasssee, Mr. Aizawa!?" Mina begged, the class echoing her pleas.

"It's too much hassle." Aizawa immediately denied. "When will you have time for the responsibilities?"

"We'll take turns!" said Kirishima.

"I can create an organised timetable for everyone!" Momo added. "Please Mr. Aizawa, I think it will be good for us."

"I second that. Plus it may mean we save a life as well." voiced Iida, chopping seriously.

Aizawa let out a long sigh, rubbing a hand over his eyes before slumping back in his chair behind the desk. 

"Do you all promise that you can take up this responsibility?" he asked seriously.

"Yeah! We'll be Plus Ultra in our duties, Sensei!" Deku exclaimed.

"... Then I'll think about it."

The class cheered once more before silencing to begin classes, taking out textbooks on quirk policy history. The possibility that their demand might become reality gave them  vigorous energy to perform well in class, hoping to show their teachers that they were passionate and willing to take on the job.

And so, that was how the class found themselves rushing down the high street on a Saturday afternoon, taking up the whole sidewalk as they stumbled over each other in hopes of reaching their destination quicker. Due to the amount of them Aizawa had to book an appointment slot for 1 hour, giving the kids enough time to look around and for him to fill in any necessary paperwork. 

"We have arrived!" Iida declared, stopping his classmates from rushing into the building by standing in the doorway. "Let's all be calm and responsible, this is a serious decision we have to make today!"

"Yeah yeah!" Denki interrupted. "Let's just go in already!"

The doorbell jingled as the class entered the pet store, all of them splitting into smaller groups to go and see the different animals at the shelter. There were cats, dogs, birds, frogs, snakes, bunnies, and hamsters. Most of the class went over to the dogs and cats, but a small group also went to see the bunnies. Tsuyu tried to sneak over to the frogs in order to let them free, but Aizawa caught her and used his scarf to plant her in front of the hamsters with Mina; together, they petted the hamsters and spun their little wheels, as well as feeding them bits of kibble.

Momo found a gorgeous grey and black rag doll, whilst Kirishima couldn't help but grin and play with the small litter of baby bulldogs. The owner of the shelter told them bits of information about the different animals, about how much responsibility each of the breeds were and how expensive the upkeep was. Some of the stories of how they acquired the pets made them sad and they almost pleaded Aizawa to make UA take all the pets to give them happy lives. But an odd sight caught their attention.

"Excuse me," began Ochako, "why are these two together?"

The pet owner smiled- already knowing what the girl was referring to- and the rest of the class gathered around her as she went up to a small box with glass walls and open top. Inside, a deep-brown, almost burgundy and white cat was curled up next to a golden dog. They both must have been two or three years old at the most.