Shaking

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of abuse, rape and panic attacks

THEMES: Angst, BakuTodo

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The class were having their weekly movie night in the 1A dorm. Scattered around sofas, pillows and chairs whilst submerged with blankets and pillows, the students were all engrossed with the film. They shared snacks and made small talk whilst the night went on, but not all were so relaxed.

Deku continued to check his phone again and again, every ten minutes, in hopes of seeing a message from Todoroki. His good friend had told him he was going home for the evening and wouldn't be back until 9PM or later. Well now it was 10:30PM and there was no sign of Shoto. Uraraka noticed that Midoriya was worried about something so she decided to go and get another drink, asking the boy to come with her.

"What's wrong Izuku?" she asked when they were in the safety of the kitchen.

"Well, i-it's Todoroki. He said he would be back at 9 and it's a-almost 10. I'm getting worried."

"Izuku, we both know Todoroki is strong and tough, besides he was probably just visiting his siblings. He might have just lost his phone or something."

Midoriya was quiet for a moment until he slowly nodded his head and smiled, thankful for Ochako's advice. They smiled and hugged before refilling their drinks and returning to their seats. Deku was more relaxed as the evening progressed and found himself enjoying the film; Uraraka was happy that her friend was feeling better, but also wished for Todoroki to send a message or something.

It was 11:15PM by the time the film finished and the class were debating on whether to watch another one or not. Most of them were still awake and because it was Saturday night- meaning no classes tomorrow- they fought Iida's and Momo's concerns until a new film was put in.

Yet they didn't get even five minutes into the film before the door to the dorm was slowly opened and shut quietly. Too quietly. Deku knew that this was Todoroki so jumped up to greet him, yet his excited and relieved smile turned to a frown of concern.

"Hey Todo- Todoroki are you alright?!" Midoriya's worried shout reached the living room. 

Some of the class got up to see what was wrong with Todoroki. When they reached Deku they saw Shoto looking at the floor as he slid down against the door. His eyes were glossy and his whole body shook. His breathing was ragged and faint and yet there was still little emotion on his face: it seemed like he was trying to repress everything he was feeling but the traces of distress were visible in his eyes.

Midoriya and Iida immediately ran over but Shoto shook his head and pushed himself further against the door, his breathing becoming more ragged as he muttered under his breath. Everyone was really concerned at what had happened to Todoroki but didn't know what to do. Deku tried calling out to Todoroki but he just grew increasingly panicked until his knees were against his chest and he hid his head in his arms.

Now all of the class had left the living room to see what the commotion was about, and their eyes widened to see one of their strongest and calmest classmates breaking down in the doorway. Taking in Shoto's appearance they found he seemed to have thrown his clothes on and ran for ages. They couldn't see much but pale skin covered in marks and bruises. He looked... abused.

Then, knowing nobody was getting anywhere in calming Todoroki down, Mina stepped forwards and sat in front of Todoroki, telling everyone to return to the living room and for Kirishima to go and get Bakugou from his room (since he had refused to attend another late movie night with all the extras). Kirishima nodded and ran from the room, taking the stairs two at a time. Mina then slowly turned to Shoto once the crowd had dispersed and called out to him softly.