Chapter 6 Birthday's

Two weeks have gone by since Shelby had a chat with Mariah in her mom's cafe. They had hit it off straight away. It was now approaching Mariah's eighteenth birthday. Shelby had told her mom about the chat she'd had with Mariah and about what she'd said she would like for her eighteenth. And that was just a family gathering and not a big party with all her's and Tyler's friend's. Ok well we'll keep it simple then said Dena. But I still think we need to surprise her by doing the house up a bit . What do you mean ? said Shelby . Well I will get a balloon company in to put some decoration's up and how about I get a catering company in to make the cake and dinner ? Sounds great said Shelby I don't think she's even had one celebration for a birthday . Oh that's so sad said Dena. Isn't it ! said Shelby. Apparently she said the cult only celebrated one birthday and that was her father's who was the cult leader. Ah ! I see said Dena. Well this year she's going to get one she'll remember. Later on when Frank got home from work Dena told him what her plan's were. Are you ok with all of that ? she asked him. Do I have a choice ? he laughed. You know I don't mind what you do ! Ok that's great said Dena. "Shelby" Now that Christmas and New Year is over with we need to go on a shopping trip tomorrow. So can we get sorted ? Ok mom that sounds great. 

What about me said Tyler Can I help with anything ? Yes you can said his mom but nearer the day. I'm hoping to get Mariah to do a morning shift so when she get's home I want a hair stylist and a make up team here to pamper her while we have a shift around etc and I'm sure there will be load's to move around and help with. Ok said Tyler as he went to his room to get ready to go out with his mate's. Right well that's all sorted now ! What's sorted ? said a voice They all turned around to see Mariah standing inside the front door. Err just a few thing's I have to get before I go back to Uni said Shelby Oh right said Mariah. When do you leave again ? I think it's the 9th said Shelby. So we have another week left. Oh great you'll be here for my birthday then ? I will said Shelby smiling . Am I working that day ? enquired Mariah looking at Dena. Yes ! Just a morning shift I'm afraid. That's ok said Mariah at least it's not all day . Do you have any plan's ? Shelby asked. Dena was praying she'd say no. I was thinking of asking you if you fancy the cinema or something ? That sounds great said Shelby. Mariah smiled as she headed up for a shower and to get out of her work clothes. Well that's good said Shelby to her mom. At least we know she'll be coming home first to shower and change and then you can get the hair and makeup squad onto her as soon as she gets in she won't stand a chance. 

Well that's all well and good said Dena but what if she freaks out ? I don't think she will once she know's what's going on. I think she'll be fine too said Frank coming through the door. Is everything ready ? He asked . Yes I think so said Dena . At least Shelby and I went and organised all the party stuff and found a caterer to help with the dinner I have planned. Great said Frank where is she now ? Oh she's just come in from work and she's upstairs showering said Shelby. What time do you need me home tomorrow ? asked Frank. Well I think I have her working eight till three so maybe four ? Because I have the hair team coming about then so we can all get ready at the same time. And then the catering team and Balloon people can get the stuff downstairs sorted. So that when we come down it should all look fantastic. What should look fantastic ? said Mariah as everybody turned around . Ooh we were just discussing getting this room redecorated and what colour scheme and wallpaper to pick said Dena quickly thinking. Well if you ask me said Maria I think it looks fab as it is. Not realising that Frank and Dena had only just had it decorated a few months before Mariah moved in. 

They all sat down for dinner and then Mariah Shelby and Tyler helped clear away. Mariah and Shelby then discussed what movie to see tomorrow night . While Tyler got on with his homework and Dena and Frank did some reading. It was very rare they watched Tv after dinner they liked the peace and quite. Mind you they didn't stop the kid's from watching Tv in their room's. The next morning the 7th of January Mariah woke up another year older. She'd finally reached the rip old age of eighteen. I don't feel any different she thought to herself. She got up and dressed ready for work at the cafe. What she didn't realise was the rest of the family was already up and making her a special birthday breakfast. They had also laid out her card's and present's on the table. When she came down the stairs everyone sang happy birthday. As she was ushered to the table where she dumbfounded by what they had all done. I don't know what to say ? She had tear's in her eye's.