Chapter 31 There she is !

Mariah was a bit shaken when she got back to the Grand Phoenix and headed back to her room. On the way back Abby had told her about meeting Tessa and her mom and dad Carl and Cindy, and that Tessa's stayed at the hotel just for one night because the tiny apartment she's rented in town was not ready to move into. So her parents gave her a special night to stay at the hotel and take her out for dinner at Society before they saw her sign all the contracts at Hamilton Winters and then helped her to move in and left after that for their flight back to Chicago. Were you girlfriends for long? asked Abby. No! No! a few month's said Mariah I err  I kind of ran away from her! Ran away? Yeah! sort of. I've never been attracted to a woman before I meet Tessa. Ah, I see said Abby It scared you? I guess so said Mariah not only that but I'd never had a relationship before. Tessa was my first in a lot of things. So what scared you the most? said Abby The fact that she was a woman? Or something else? Err! It's ok we've only known one another for a few hour's I understand if you don't want to tell me said, Abby.

It's just personal and yeah I'd like to keep it private until I know you a bit better and I spill that sort of information said, Mariah. Ok, that's fine said Abby. But if you don't want to come across Tessa's path for a while, maybe stay away from Society for the next week at least because I think she'll be singing there practically every night. Mariah took a deep breath. Thanks for telling me that she smiled at Abby. Do you think Tessa knows yours here? No, I don't think so. But I know some people who would know. And who's that? asked Abby. My parents! My parents and Tessa are good friends, heck they've even been on holiday together. Ooh, I see said Abby. Well, I'll say goodnight and leave you to it then. Goodnight Abby and thanks for the welcome to Genoa City. You are more than welcome said, Abby. I hope you love being here and having Tessa around won't be too much of a struggle for you. I'm sure it will be fine said Mariah as she headed for the lift. It was very late but she had to know!

The voice at the end of the phone sounded very sleepy. Hi, you ok? Did you know Tessa was here in Genoa City? shouted Mariah in a very angry voice. Yes came the meek reply. Ooh mom why didn't you tell me? I could have prepared for it. "Mariah" If we would have said something you might not have taken this great job said Dena at the other end of the phone. We had planned for you two to see each other at graduation! But then talking to Carl and Cindy who we shared the house in Boston! You what! You all stayed together for graduation in Boston? Yes, we did. It was then we found out from Carl and Cindy that Tessa had signed this record deal and she was moving to Genoa City too. Then we all thought that after two years this must be fate, telling us you belonged together. So we all decided not to get you together at graduation and let things take their course in Genoa City. We thought you'd meet one day and sort everything out. Oh did you now? said Mariah still not very happy.

Well, that's very nice of you all to decide my and Tessa's paths. "Mariah" Have you seen Tessa? No! I saw a photo in a newspaper. She's about to do some singing spots at Society, Abby who owns the hotel and Society did not realize we knew one another and had announced her arrival in an ad in a local paper and she passed it over to me to have a look. Oh my god said, Dena. I'm guessing Tessa has no idea either? asked Mariah. No not as far as we know said Dena Cindy and Carl never told her you got a job in Genoa City as well. What are the chances of that happening? I don't know if I'm excited or terrified? said, Mariah. Honey! Come on we know as your parents you have missed seeing her in the last two years, and Tessa's parents seem to think Tessa feels the same way! That's why we were going to give you both the opportunity at graduation to come face to face. "Mom" It was me who broke it off with Tessa. She made a statement that I took to heart and so gave her a cock and bull story about we're young and need to concentrate on our courses and careers we both wanted to do.

Well Mariah you and Tessa have now achieved the start of your careers you've both wanted to do so, is the other thing that she said to you a big deal-breaker for you? Err I don't know is the answer to that. Mariah sighed! Is there any way you could tell me what the statement was about? asked Dena gently. Err! Mariah cleared her throat. We'd just had sex for the very first time, and it was a big deal for me, and then Tessa just said If she knew it was just that she would have done it sooner! Ah, I see so she hurt your feeling by what she said? And I'm guessing neither of you had had sex before? No! said Mariah sternly. Ok, so I think Tessa was saying it in the spur of the moment. I don't think she was trying to upset you, I'll let you into a secret during or after sex the strangest thing can come out of your mouth. Really ? said Mariah I was just a bit hurt, I thought she was saying the sex turned out good so why was I so scared of having sex in the first place. Ooh, I get it now said, Dena. Look you are bound to walk into Tessa sooner or later, I'm sorry we kept it from you all this time but we all know this is the love of your life. So go get her!