Chapter 24 I'm here !

The van pulled up to a check point, everyone had to get out and then they were all searched and their luggage. This was the bit Tessa was worried about the most. But they put everything back in the van when they were satisfied , and then the van continued into the compound. When they got out they were shown to there accommodation, and then told to report back to the entrance once they had all unpacked. Tessa scanned everywhere she could with the glasses so that the cop's got to see the layout of the place. That's great Tessa came back the quick reply , at least she knew it was working ok which gave her great confidents. She got back to the meeting spot before anybody else and was meet by Mariah's father. Hi he said your keen ? Oh i just didn't have a lot to unpack she said quickly thinking of an answer. Well that's good, may I ask where you have come from ? Chicago area said Tessa . That's a long way to travel ? Yeah ! I lost my parent's so it felt like I didn't have to stay there anymore, and wondered what else there was in life. She lied obviously.

She thought in that moment not to make it to confusing for herself considering she would have to remember all this stuff to keep the pretence up. It's ok said a voice in her ear, we've written everything down that you just said. She sighed with relief. Everyone else was starting to return so that took the pressure off her, and Mariah's father started to talk to the other half a dozen people who got on the van with her. They all then went into a big meeting area where they had to listen to all the jargon that Mariah's father was telling them about the cult and what was expected of them. Tessa was not really listening to it all. She was looking out of the window trying to spot Mariah. You'll be given tasks to do Mariah's father boomed out with his voice, so you won't have time to star gaze. He looked straight at Tessa. I'm sorry I was listening , I'm just fascinated by this place she said enthusiastically. He smiled at her. I'm glad of that he said . 

When the lecture was over, they were told to go and have a walk around and familiarise themselves with their new surroundings, so they all knew where they were supposed to be after they had breakfast in the morning. you have to put in a full days work he said . That's nice to know thought Tessa. Dinner will be at 7pm on the dot in the canteen hall. Mariah's father said before he made his exit. You'd better find out where that is because I hate people who are late. Tessa quickly obeyed that order and went straight there before she looked anywhere else. In the fields mean while Mariah and Shelby were bent over pulling up weeds ! Surely there is an easier way of doing this ? Shelby questioned. Probably said Mariah but I guess my father is punishing me sorry ! Oh it's ok at least we're allowed to drink plenty of water , I know it's not hot but still in this sun it would be hard work without it. Yeah I guess your right said Mariah. Do you think we will have to do this every day ? asked Shelby. 

At this point I have know idea said Mariah when I was here we all had our own chores to do , so we did move around every so often I guess that was so we didn't get bored doing the same thing all the time. I guess my father thought it keeps everyone happy ? It obviously it didn't work with you said Shelby . Well it did to a point said Mariah and then I saw the van's arriving outside and wondered what life was like on the other side of fence. That's when I decided to escape, my imagination just got the better of me . She smiled at Shelby. I was then very luck to have meet your mom in her coffee shop and the rest is history. I was lucky she found you too said Shelby I have found a sister I never knew I had. They both hugged one another in the middle of the field. Tessa was having a wander around making sure she clocked all the security camera's and where all the gate entrances where and how many people were on each gate. At that moment something made her turn right around . "Tessa" someone shouted in her ear to fast slow down. 

But when she stopped, all they heard her say was Oh my god there she is ! Oh is Tessa ? "Mariah" and that must be Shelby she's hugging ? Ok well don't let her see you said the man in her ear. What ? said Tessa Why ? Well if she spots you , she's going to scream your name out very loudly for everyone around her to hear and we don't want her doing that with all the camera's around . Do we ? No I guess not said Tessa At least I Know their ok and here . Maybe you could tell Dena and Frank said Tessa . What can I do then ? Because come seven O'clock tonight I'm going to be having dinner in the canteen and she's bound to spot me . I have to go inside and find a way to talk to her if I can ? Otherwise it could be game over for all of us ! She started to walk back the way she had come. Mariah all of a sudden looked over Shelby's shoulder. It can't be ? I'm starting to hallucinate ! Why would you be doing that ? said Shelby . Turn around slowly do you see a girl by the main building with long black hair and very slender ? Yes! Why ? I think that's Tessa !