Chapter 34 Next Day

Tessa woke up first to realize Mariah was still in her arms and wrapped around her. She had no idea how they have managed to sleep like that all night. It was 7am the morning sun was already flooding through the window. I don't have anything here for us to have for breakfast she thought, as Mariah started to stir. When she opened her eyes to Tessa's beautiful face she said good morning beautiful and Tessa blushed. Right back at you said Tessa. As she pulled Mariah in for a good morning kiss. Ew ! said, Mariah. What's up? We've not cleaned our teeth or had a shower. Your so right said Tessa I'm sorry if it grossed you out? It's just that I could not resist. Mariah smiled. It's ok just this once. What's the time by the way? Err about seven-fifteen now. I'm sorry I have nothing in for breakfast! Do you have time to grab something at Crimson Lights before you head to Jabot? I have to be at the studios by nine. I have to be at Jabot by then too. I'll head for the shower then said Mariah kissing Tessa on her way. 

"Careful," said Tessa Why ? said Mariah. Well, I may have to keep you here to devour you all day if you keep kissing me like that. I'd better escape and get in that shower quick then said Mariah I can't call in a sicky on only my second day! I don't think that will impress Jack Abbott much. No, I guess your right said Tessa letting her go to the restroom. While Mariah was in there Tessa put the kettle on for some coffee and put all the bed away so they had somewhere to sit. Mariah smelt the coffee as soon as she emerged in a lovely gold dress! Wow! said Tessa I'd better go and give myself a cold shower. Mariah laughed. When Tessa came out of the restroom she looked every inch the rock chick all in black, the ring's on her finger's and a necklace around her neck. Wowzer said Mariah walking up to her and kissing her newly dark mauve lipstick lips. Ok, we need to go said, Mariah. Are you ready to face the world together? You bet said, Tessa.  Grabbing Mariah's hand.  She looked up and helped carry Mariah's case out of the building onto the sidewalk. Where they made their way to Crimson. 

They walked in laughing their heads off and still holding hands. Standing in front of them were Devon, Kyle, Abby, and the owner Sharon. Mariah spoke first good morning everyone. She turned to Tessa. Yes, you're not imagining it we are holding hands, we'd like you all to know that we are officially together and have known one another for quite a long time before we came to Genoa City! I knew it said Kyle, I said to Devon last night that you two didn't just kiss like that without knowing one another on a personal level! You were together last night? said Abby a bit sheepishly. Yes said Mariah this case had overnight stuff in not paper's and a computer. Sorry! It's ok said Abby your both adults. you didn't have to tell me anything. We know we didn't said Mariah but we don't want to hide our relationship from people either. It's had enough being in this sort of relationship without dealing with people who think it's wrong and disgusting! None of us think that way said, Kyle. We're lucky to have you all in our corner from now on then said, Tessa.

But not everybody is like all of you! I hope my being with Mariah is going to interfere with my music career Devon?  Err I hope not Tessa. I mean we can tailor the sponsors accordingly. Oh, that would be great said Tessa. Sponsors? asked Mariah. Yeah, it's obvious I will be out as gay which means Devon will have to find sponsors who support gay rights. Oh wow, that is great said Mariah. Well said Tessa Mariah and I need breakfast before I have to meet you in the studio Devon and Mariah have to meet you at Jabot boardroom Kyle. They all laughed. Ok said Sharon what would you both like? One of your lovely brownies and some coffee please said, Mariah. Ooh, that sounds so good said Tessa Make that twice then, please. No problem said, Sharon. Both soy lattes? Oh yes, they both said. Ok well go and take a seat and I'll bring it over to you both. Great thanks Sharon we'll be out on the patio said, Mariah. As they sat down Tessa reached over for Mariah's hand.

Well, that could not have worked out better. No! Especially your career where you will be in the public eye all the time. Were you worried about what Devon would think?  I was petrified he would drop me before I've even started. But I'm so glad he wants to support instead, and he's willing to find new sponsors who are willing to support a gay singer. Yeah, I thought that was awesome of him said, Mariah. Here you go girl's said Sharon as she placed the coffee and brownies they ordered on the table in front of them. When they had finished they both said their goodbyes to Sharon before saying their goodbyes on the sidewalk outside Jabot's building. I love you and have a good day said Mariah placing a kiss on Tessa's cheek. I love you too and also have a good day said Tessa as she planted a kiss on Mariah's cheek. I'll text you later said, Mariah. Ok, be my love said Tessa as she left. "My love " I love the sound of that said Mariah to herself as she walked into Jabot.